Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mic problems in FSX

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a fix for a mic problem in fsx. I have a Creative fatal1ty headset with mic and it just stopped working in FSX. It was perfect and I used it on my first time on VATSIM in EIDW last night but decided to stop working. I know pressing cntrl to talk and have all levels set correctly. The mic works fine with other apps and online games.
    Ive googled untill Im fit to pull my hair out and cant find the answer. There seems to be a lot of people with similar problems on net.
    Just wondering if any of ye have came across this problem and found a solution?
    Running Vista Ultimate 64.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ok it seems mic wont work in gamespy sessions when squawkbox is installed for some reason. I have some friends who are'nt on vatsim yet otherwise this would not be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Try starting sqwawkbox from either outside of FS through the start menu, or through the modules menu in FS first.

What is the problem? Did you tune the correct frequency? did the "TX" light illuminate when you were pressing your PTT?

I have the Fatality too............did you have the mic switched on? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

lol I had the mic switched on (but that caught me out when I got it first:rolleyes:) The problem is that I cant chat to anyone when logged into gamespy. The mic is working fine in squawkbox...I done my first circuit in EGGP this evening:D Im very impressed with VATSIM.
    Anyway thats the problem, Ill get over it as long as it works with squawkbox tho it would be nice to be able to chat to friends in gamespy sessions too.

Advertisement