Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are viral videos the new format for advertising?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi my name is Sean and Im a 3rd year graphic design student. Im currently doing a project on advertising and I found that viral ads are the new way for adverts. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions on viral ads and hopefully receive some more knowledge about viral ads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Well they are a form of viral marketing. Social networking sites like Bebo actively work with companies to create campaigns virally. Obviously video plays a part in them.

Look up the Oakley campaign 'Conquering Demons' as an example.

You might find more examples or suggestions on Creative Ireland's advertising forum

http://www.creativeireland.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

tianibob wrote: »
    Hi my name is Sean and Im a 3rd year graphic design student. Im currently doing a project on advertising and I found that viral ads are the new way for adverts. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions on viral ads and hopefully receive some more knowledge about viral ads.

Bit of a fad for awhile which has kind of died out since. The last one I can remember was the evil car ad which decapitated a cat. Very funny because it wasn't real to those with a sense of humour and offensive to those that 'felt' like it was.

It kind of hit both audiences in this way and really spread out across the net, did it sell cars though?

Would the gorilla ad + phil collins count as a viral ad? If so then wow what an amazing ad that spread really fast but did it really sell choclate? Interesting project there hope it works out.

Advertisement