Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Expensive/Advanced Laser Surgery??

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi - im just wondering, what is the most advanced, expensive and safest technology available in the country..

In my opinion, sight is one of the most valuable assests we have as human beings.. If i was going to pay for a treatment on my eyes, i would rather pay an extra few quid, knowing i was going to get the best possible treatment out there..

Does anyone know what the most advanced technology is on offer in the country (perhaps better than laser) and if so how much does it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There are different forms of laser on offer.

On the face of it there are two different types. Lasik & Lasek

Lasek takes longer to heal(7 days approx)

Lasik is the most popular and you can see results in 24 hours.

Advanced Wavefront Technology is the next gen of laser. The latest generation of Wavefront guided laser technology was developed to overcome side-effects such as night-time glare associated with earlier treatment modalities. This system utilises advanced technology to produce an individually customised treatment. Optilase offers this Wavefront treatment called Custom-Vue to all suitable patients. It can be performed with Lasik or Lasek procedures. According to the American FDA trial Wavefront treatment has an increased likelihood of achieving 20/20 vision and the potential for improved visual quality and contrast compared with standard treatment. We will provide detailed patient information with our assessment and consultation. Not all patients are suitable for Wavefront treatment.

Its safer because it tracks the movement of the eye.

I had wavefront Lasik done over two years ago. Havent look back since(pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SharkWound

Thanks for the info - it certainly opened my eyes. (pun intended)

Advertisement