Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Road Events???

Options
  • 11-11-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi

was looking on the cycling ireland site to see if there are any upcoming events but it seems dead over the winter. does anyone know of any cycling club sportives or anything like that taking place between now and feb?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i think orwell have a tour on this sunday only 75km i think, nothing happening this time of year tbh, maybe a few turkey races around christmas

If cyclecross is your thing there should be plenty of events on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

"Gerard Brannigan Memorial Cycle"
    Time 10.00am
    Sign-on McDonalds Pub Clonee
    Distance(s)- 45 miles (75km) & 20 miles (35km)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

And I'm even surprised to see a randonee in November. There'll be very few road events until the spring. You'd have to be a member of a club to do the turkey/hamper races.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

There are 4 cyclo cross races around Dublin over the next month as well.
    Cyclo Cross League. You can usually enter these on an MTB as well as a cross bike

4 rounds in Dublin parks
    9th Nov - Corcagh Park
    16th Nov - TBC
    23rd Nov - Tymon Park
    14th Dec - St Annes Park
    Starts: Underage 12.00 noon - All others 1.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Is there any more info on that cyclocross league. Cant find anthing on internet. :confused:

Website giving me no info about how to enter etc (http://www.irishcycling.com/events/calendar/index.php?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is anyone here going to do the Orwell event so? I'd be interested, especially seeing as I keep telling myself I should go along to a beginner's spin.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to do the Orwell event so? I'd be interested, especially seeing as I keep telling myself I should go along to a beginner's spin.

I plan on doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sweet, will there also be a saturday spin this week (the anti-super spin spin)?

Is the best way from Belfield to Clonee via the city centre? Having a look here on google maps.

Hmmm, I'd say you can't avoid the city centre really.

Club League races are out that way and (for the pitifully few I showed up for this year) I used to go down the quays, through the Phoenix Park and then onto the Navan Road and up th N3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭WicklowRacer

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Is there any more info on that cyclocross league. Cant find anthing on internet. :confused:

Website giving me no info about how to enter etc (http://www.irishcycling.com/events/calendar/index.php?)

Try www.mtbireland.com - theres several threads and news items on there about the cross.

To enter, just turn up ! - you can race either MTB or cross. You will need a CI licence but you can buy a one day licence on the day. Race usually lasts about an hour or so (for the winner!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sweet, will there also be a saturday spin this week (the anti-super spin spin)?

Is the best way from Belfield to Clonee via the city centre? Having a look here on google maps.

Why don't you join us on the start of the super spin... you guys can turn back in Athlone, giving you a nice, easy 200k... also, cos we're starting at 2am, it works for the people looking for early starts, like Raam, and El_Tonto (you'll be home before Mrs Tonto even wakes up!)

You know it makes sense....

A Boards Super Sane Spin was discussed last week. A few of us will probably be going out for the usual Saturday morning spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Andrewf20 wrote: »

http://www.mtbireland.com/supercross

This weekends race is in Tymon Park, Tallaght.

Advertisement