Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Club *NEW*

Options
  • 11-11-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey All,

I've seen all the interest in forming a basketball team/or at least have a group of people that play most weeks up on other threads, just thought i'd post a new one to keep the interest going with new information too...

at the moment people hopefully know that between 7pm and 10pm the price of one basketball full court, is €60 per hour. so really we'd need a constant minimum of 10 people to keep the costs down.

a female friend of mine, said that there is an ex coach of the Bray Comets willing to coach a girls club team if there's enough interest, but that we can have mixed training and games too.

She is hoping to put up a poster in the centre in the next day or so to see about us all meeting up some time to arrange a day we can all catch up to play.

so please reply to this thread with interest, or keep your eye out for that poster!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'd be interested in this. Looking to get fit again!

edit: oops, didn't know this was girls only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

I'd be interested too.

*Edit* That wouldn't be ladies only, right? Just making sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

I'd be interested too.

*Edit* That wouldn't be ladies only, right? Just making sure...

Totally interested! If ladies or mixed,for game or even just a scrimmage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

I'd definitely be interested. I called into the centre last week to see if there was any basketball clubs/sessions and they told me they didn't know of any.

I haven't played in a few years but would love to get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Damo666

I'd play as well depending on what night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bball1

Court is booked in Shoreline community centre at 8pm tonight (Tues for now). Trying to see what kind of numbers or interest in. Come down even if you aren't planning to play tonight just to say you're interested so we can get an idea of numbers and days that suit.
    Remember its €60 for the hall for the hour, cost depends completely in numbers! There are guys and girls interested but we need people to call in or email mariabasketball@hotmail.com
    It's not a Juvenile(U18) club. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

So this is for guys also?

Where abouts is this leisure center? Right on Charlesland Rd?

I'm interested but I'm only after seeing this now. Dunno if I can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

I'm interested, but that's a bit short notice... I won't make it tonight.

Only saw this now!!! I am interested.

Is it Maria O Toole?

Hi, Maria here, Not Marie O'Toole Sorry!
    Sorry about the short notice. We had put signs up in the hall last week aswell.
    Anyway, we have booked the hall for the same time next week (Tues, 8-9).
    There were 14 down last night, so pretty good start (10girls, 4 guys) so hopefully we'll get a few more next week so we can have a few more subs etc!
    Good craic anyway:)

The hall is in the same place as the new pool at the bottom of the Charlesland road beside the rugby club.

• Advertisement

Hi Maria!

Sorry,just Marie coached me when I was younger and I thought it maybe a blast from the past!!

Great numbers,see you next week! Didn't see signs as I haven't actually ventured in yet :o.

Sorry only saw the post now about tuesday night. I should definitely be able to make it next tuesday.

all still on for tonight?

yep... all set 8pm.

Hi,

Basketball is on tonight again 8pm
    we usually do a few drills for half an hour, and then split up into teams and play a few mini matches.

Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pokerkings3

Hey,

cant wait for tonight...Good ol Marie, go on the Comets!!

anyone remember Paddy the coach?

See you all at 8pm tonight, come on though, we need more men!!!

bball1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Basketball is on tonight again 8pm
    we usually do a few drills for half an hour, and then split up into teams and play a few mini matches.

Maria

Sorry I couldn't go last night,how'd it go?

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
    It went well, 14 down again but a few new people, its on again next week anyway. halls booked.

Great news,hopefully see you then!!

Hi girls,

I was just wondering if basketball is on tonight? I could really do with some excercise after all those mince pies over christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amc1

hi
    i saw ur previous post re basketball teams incl. womens ? in charlesland courts from last year.. do you know if there has been any updates on this? i'd be really interested in getting involved ...

bball1 wrote: »
    Hi Michelle,
    It went well, 14 down again but a few new people, its on again next week anyway. halls booked.

Hey,

Sorry I haven't been down but had to have a few ops on my legs (veins etc) also I have been living Mon to Wed in Cork.

You guys still playing?

Advertisement