Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Available For Volunteer Work Now!!!

Options
  • 11-11-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, currently available for volunteer work in the run up to Christmas. I'M male and in my mid 20's and consider myself a hard working person - available day or nite, and not afraid of getting my hands dirty. PM me if anybody is looking for volunteers - I'm located just on the outskirts of Cork city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Im also available for volunteer work at the moment. Also mid 20s, female though :) and based in Dublin. Preferably looking for something south Dublin or city centre but feel free to pm me with anything if you're looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Anybody??? :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

For Christmas i would try http://www.dubsimon.ie/volunteering/index.htm very rewarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 naoisem

Hi guys,

I don't know if you found something you wanted to get involved in already, but if not I may be able to help - a group of us are currently setting up a non-profit website specifically for volunteering. The basic idea is a portal that will connect organisations and individuals looking to get involved. There will be volunteering opportunities listed in everything from charities to sports clubs, jobs/careers in non-profits, gap year programmes and internships and all sorts of events.

It's still in development at the moment so it is live but FAR from done - the design is being finished in tandem with the actual web development. It's called CivicFox http://www.civicfox.com We're also working with organisations at the moment getting the content ready for launch in January.

So basically there are a couple of ways I could help - 1. if you wanted to get involved with helping get this project off the ground all volunteers are very gratefully welcomed - we have about 12 people working on different bits and pieces at the moment (everything from design, to data-entry, to marketing plans).

or 2. I have gone through all the sites and have extensive lists of org.s looking for volunteers so if the above wasn't of interest but there was something else you wanted to do - I'm sure I could send on some interesting ones. Eg. on Sunday 21st a friend is organising a Basket Brigade - basically christmas hampers are made up for 60 families and distributed. It's one day of fun, packing hampers and driving them round Dublin.

Anyway, get in contact if any of this is of help.

thanks,
    n

Advertisement