Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy 5 a side this week?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

lads, just rang astro park, they have the following slots free -

tuesday - 10.00 -11.00
    wednesday - 10.00 - 11.00
    thursday - 10.00 - 11.00.

does this suit anybody? is it too late? i will send a text about this anyway to the non posters in a bit!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads, just rang astro park, they have the following slots free -

tuesday - 10.00 -11.00
    wednesday - 10.00 - 11.00
    thursday - 10.00 - 11.00.

does this suit anybody? is it too late? i will send a text about this anyway to the non posters in a bit!

I can do all those times!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, this is astropark tallaght....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Astropark Tallaght at 10 is way too late for me. Would have to get a nitelink home from town.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Astropark Tallaght at 10 is way too late for me. Would have to get a nitelink home from town.

maybe peter would go? 02 site is down, i cannot text anybody :(.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You sound shocked Ed, do you not remember me telling you at the drinks that it was a terrible company!

Off to Vodafone with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Any day but thurs is grand. Thurs i can make but itll be a push and martin will have to meet me at liffey valley or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I can play Wednesday evening.

Ed, can you txt me if this is happening tomorrow as I'll be away from the desk for the day and I cant get boards on my mobile, cheers.

I could make it tomorrow if Peter was going. Seems like Wednesday is an option then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hope this goes ahead lads.

Obviously there's no way I'm going out to tallaght for an hour between 10 and 11 and going to try to get home to Coolock at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm in for all but Thursday

will i book for wed so? im heading off home now but i will text all in bout an hour. will we go with 10 (means if sum1 no show, we are f*cked) or 15?

views please.

Well I could probably get someone to play if we were struggling. Go with around ten. ie if we have 11 or 12 or something

ok so, its booked, 10.00 tomorrow night, pitch 1....

€70 for the hour. so i guess thats €7 each.

so, confirmed are -

1 - larry
    2 - Ed
    3 - Dan
    4 - Daryll
    5 - Gav
    6 - Peter
    7 - Martin
    8 - Ciaran.
    9 - Eddie
    10 - keith (helimachopter)
    just need one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

If you lads are stuck for a man to make 10, I'd be well up for a game tomorrow evening. I'll keep an eye out here anyway.

I'll even give you a lift out and back Des! (Unless you secretly don't fancy watching lads play 5 a side in the freezing cold)

Did you get my txt Ed? I can play

Did you get my txt Ed? I can play

ya keith, see you later on.

peter, i assume you and martin have been in touch already?

eddie and larry are coming with me and dan.

daryll, i assume its close to you?

also, can somebody bring a good ball???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Sorry lads, Have been up the walls all week with work etc. Can't make it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

any of you play in astro in coolock

• Advertisement

Ed, yep..it's easy to get to and quick to get home from.

lads,

teams for tonight, please bring tops as follows -

White tops

Peter Ed Ciaran Daryll Keith

V coloured tops

larry Dan Gav Mick Eddie

martin has pulled out, anybody replace him?

Oops. I'm going to be coming straight from college and have a dark top on.. :(

dfx- wrote: »
    Oops. I'm going to be coming straight from college and have a dark top on.. :(

college at 10.00???:eek:

ah doesnt matter really, i assume youll want to play in goals mostly anyway????

mick is repacing martin by the way.

:D

I kind of...started today late, so I'm running an experiment until 9 and getting a bus straight there.

Apologies for pulling out guys but it was unavoidable. Enjoy the game

Was a good game Daryll got some good practice as we ended up about 40-40! He's probably at home with ice packs. some great saves last night.

Some good running on both side and some good tackling

yep, game was played at a frantic pace, 40-40 was pretty much bang on, at about 30 i lost count and we went with the 2/3/4 in it now set up.

gav and a few others mentioned about having this regulary every week. now, i have no problem with that, but this week, was easy to organise as we had no game. so, would we have the same level of interest, had we a game on tuesday? here is my idea -

we check for availability - thursday at 10 is defo free anyway i think.

we would need to pay a deposit of €70, which we would get back once our booking ends (assume january).

the pitch costs €70 for the hour each night then.

so, we would need say 15 names who would be interested with the aim of have 10 down every week. then, each person pays €10 deposit for the booking,(refundable at the end) if you dont go, you need to get sum1 to cover for you. if you cant make it after saying you would, you looses your €10 and pay another €10 to get back in. that way, we should always be guaranteed 10. like, it would e no bother getting 10 random lads to play, but that would defeat the purpose, we would need 10 boards lads to make it worth while.

thoughts please!?

I wouldnt be able to do thursdays as I play already.

Wednesday would be best for me!

• Advertisement

If there's any other way to concede a goal than last night, please let me know. 3 own goals, numerous rebounds, bullets, lobs, post, bar, through the legs, deflections, tap-ins, 2-on-1's, you name it :D

Really enjoyed it though and would agree that it should be taken further if possible. I've said before that we need playing time with each other and that is ideal for keeping the ball low too. I could make Thursdays late, but would prefer Wednesdays.

P.S. Keith, the bruise count is now up to 7.

Advertisement