Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given the chance would you conspire?

Options
  • 11-11-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

I read the board here on and off... aside from the, "you're a tool / fool / fat bastard" insights its pretty entertaining .

Anyway - I was wondering if you were given an opportunity to participate in a conspiracy would you go for if there was a degree of personal gain? How much gain would you want and what conspiracies would appeal to you.

Also are all conspiracies by their nature essentially sinister in your view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Possibly. Last year I was interested in joining the MI5 and the SIS. It depends, I guess if I got to fly around in alien spacecraft etc I would become a conspirator, though if the negative repercussions were huge I would become a whistle blower at some stage, I would have the groundwork well laid out including covering my tracks to ensure suspicions were low before leaking info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Trev M wrote: »
    I read the board here on and off... aside from the, "you're a tool / fool / fat bastard" insights its pretty entertaining .

Anyway - I was wondering if you were given an opportunity to participate in a conspiracy would you go for if there was a degree of personal gain? How much gain would you want and what conspiracies would appeal to you.

Also are all conspiracies by their nature essentially sinister in your view?

tool / fool / fat bastard crew checking in.

I would do this for sure. I would like to deal with the lizzards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Flying a spacecraft may not neccesarily be a conspiracy .

MI5 in of itself is not a conspiracy . SIS?

Im more thinking along the lines of vast currency/financial fraud ... say like damaging a banking industry or whatever? An apparnet vitimless crime?

kyp_durron wrote: »
    tool / fool / fat bastard crew checking in.

I would do this for sure. I would like to deal with the lizzards.

Yeah I'd be up for some lizzard action meself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Flying a spacecraft may not neccesarily be a conspiracy .

MI5 in of itself is not a conspiracy . SIS?

Im more thinking along the lines of vast currency/financial fraud ... say like damaging a banking industry or whatever? An apparnet vitimless crime?

Of course it is, flying an alien spacecraft was meant to refer to being privy to the alien cover up, you know the theory which claims astronauts were sent to some planet as part of a diplomatic mission in the 1970s.

MI5 is not a conspiracy but if you joined and went up a few levels you would have access to secret documents. SIS is another British intelligence agency.

• Advertisement

Ok then , I'll put you on the list ...one question how do feel about eating the eggs of other lizzards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 EuFatCat

Anyway - I was wondering if you were given an opportunity to participate in a conspiracy would you go for if there was a degree of personal gain?

Ask OscarBravo how it feels, he gets a government grant to do what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

EuFatCat wrote: »
    And who pays you off?

I'd say pretty much everyone would join a conspiracy if they believed in the cause. For all those who claim the NWO is silently taking over, I'm sure they'd be only too happy to form some sort of conspiracy of their own in order to expose and destroy them. If it gets you what you want then why wouldn't you join one?

As for them being sinister, it depends on what side you're on. em321.gif

humanji wrote: »
    And who pays you off?

Given the way this country is going (as planned), it could soon be the local social welfare office.

I'd say pretty much everyone would join a conspiracy if they believed in the cause. For all those who claim the NWO is silently taking over, I'm sure they'd be only too happy to form some sort of conspiracy of their own in order to expose and destroy them. If it gets you what you want then why wouldn't you join one?

Good point, however the OP stated personal gain as the reason for taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

would you conspire? :pac: lol humanity has and will continue to conspire. Theres no conspire about it you have been conspiring either knowingly or unknownlingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

As a paid-up, card-carrying member of the lizzzzards, NWO, illuminati,sasquatch, UFO, apocalypse patrol I would have to say that no, I would not take part in any conspiracy nor do any such conspiracies exist.

Ooops I've said too much.

Given the way this country is going (as planned), it could soon be the local social welfare office.

Good point, however the OP stated personal gain as the reason for taking part.
    But would getting rid of the NWO not be a personal gain for you? Gain doesn't neccessarily have to mean money or power. It's jsut anything that you're aiming for by conspiring.

Gain doesn't neccessarily have to mean money or power.

Gain means money or power, end of story. Not many "good guys" about these days.

But it doesn't at all. Only if that's something you gain. If someone gives me an apple, I've gained an apple. Not money or power, but a piece of fruit.

Good and bad are very simplistic terms that never really fit in too well with humans.

By personal gain I mean power / money.

You can have power and money and use it to better humanity.

Better Humanity - Could mean feed the starving , heal the sick , etc.... or could mean , introduce poplutaion control to a sustainable level so no one is hungry and everyone has the resources they need to live a healthy fulfilled life?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

They can't be sinister if they are on the "right" side.:D

Seriously though, i wouldn't have a huge problem with a conspiracy if i could see that it would very much change things for the better. However if it required me to do something seriously against my conscience, eg. murder, then i would have to say no

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You keep telling me this, but I've yet to see any cash.

Damn double-crossing government. *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You keep telling me this, but I've yet to see any cash.

Damn double-crossing government. *shakes fist*

Aye, the Budget was hardest of all on ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

id love to be part of a world changing conspiracy just so i could walk around knowing what going to happen and not tell anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

yes yes that would explain why he banned my comments off the european union boards...

• Advertisement

trentf wrote: »
    yes yes that would explain why he banned my comments off the european union boards...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I've argued against a few CT's around here, nothing much but surely I'm entitled to some form of funding? :pac:

You can have half of mine, but don't spend it all in the one shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I would very much appreciate it if casey could expand on this a bit, mainly his objection to the receipt of Government Grants/Contracts Real or imaginary

Advertisement