Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRUIT MACHINES!

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

anyone know where i could find barcrest or red gaming fruit machines to buy in ireland? im just looking for one to have at home next to my computer so i can play when i go on tilt playin online poker to stop me losing all my poker money.n and keep me from losing my money on them in pubs and takeawy restuarants.get rid of all my gambling instints before i go out(either that or ill become addicted!!):rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

If I recall correctly, they are very expensive. You could get an emulator for your computer. Probably best place to try is ebay. And it won't have the desired effect. You'll get bored with always playing the same machine, especially when you can't win cash out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Hmm that's actually pretty interesting. Say someone has a problem gambling with fruit machine gambling, will playing one at home and getting completely bored of it (because it offers no gambling thrill) lead to a removal of the previous positive conditioning that is associated with the machines? I don't have an answer to that.

Mind you it certainly won't help with tilting, that's a much bigger problem which requires a much more sophisticated solution (pulling the plug is effective too but a last resort). I've been considering doing some kind of guide on the topic of preventing and dealing with tilt recently, so let me know if the fruit machine works out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

hotspur wrote: »
    Mind you it certainly won't help with tilting, that's a much bigger problem which requires a much more sophisticated solution (pulling the plug is effective too but a last resort). I've been considering doing some kind of guide on the topic of preventing and dealing with tilt recently

If you ever get round to this can you make me first in line to read it please :)

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

hotspur, I think you idea of "getting bored with it" to beat an addiction has a shot at working. Either that or making it worse, much worse. All I can't think of is when a girl teases you, but on't let you finish the job. :D
    Drive a man insane those fruities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

plenty on ebay in the uk for £150-£200 ish, if thats any help. I had one at home years ago but things kept going wrong with the electronics etc. which became a nuisance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Fruit Machines = The biggest waste of money known to man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

getting bored of it is exactly the result i want like i want to just play it for fun at home and any funds that go in to it empty at end of the month and deposit into a new poker account using first deposit bonus. that was my plan. not much good at saving so id give my gf the key and only open it once a month. checked ebay b4 i posted there all in england. my sister is moving home next month from london but she wont got to the hassle of collecting one for me when shes bringing her stuff over on ferry.
    there 650 in amusement companies in ireland. id spend 200max.
    ah there fun but jesus can you feel pity when you see a man get addicted to them and pokeys. if i didnt have online poker id prob be addicted to them. i only started playing them in the last year. its easy to break even or up a tenner on playin a 25 jp one. tenner for a bit of entertainment is what i see it as.

Advertisement