Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watching it on Dave?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭

If you do then you know the mispleasure.
    They cut out all the best bits, all of the news segments, mercilessly edit the segments, and can't seem to decide what series they are going to watch every week.

Last week, they were on Series 8, the Ewan McGregor ep to be more specific, tomorrow they are back to the start of series 4 with Hamster's favourite, Paul McKenna.

It is a good way tot get to see some of the challenges and races, ie. the London-Oslo race, Monte Carlo, etc, but it still REALLY grinds my gears.:mad:

What do ye guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya its **** on dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True, what really annoying is that the show has a handy 10-12 min slot that can be removed for the ads

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Top Gear is on Dave?! :confused: I never noticed! *

* It's sarcasm... it's never off 'Dave'!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I wonder will they cut out the bits that refer to themselves :) - if I recall S11E01 "unless you're watching this on Dave, this is the new season of Top Gear" and last night, Will Young mentioned them too.

Slightly off topic, but Dave is a bloody stupid name for a channel, if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yakuza wrote: »
    I wonder will they cut out the bits that refer to themselves :) - if I recall S11E01 "unless you're watching this on Dave, this is the new season of Top Gear" and last night, Will Young mentioned them too.

Slightly off topic, but Dave is a bloody stupid name for a channel, if you ask me!

I actually think they kept it in in the S11 premiere on Dave, I'm still pissed that they cut out the news segments.
    They were hilarious.
    "Guess what?!"
    "WHAT??!"
    "The- *bursts out laughing*"

I loved the Dacia Sandero bits, lol.
    Also, the stupid signs, "Thankyou for driving carefully through our town", lol!

They also kept in the S(s)IARPC, I think they made a mistake in making it 2 stars, it just went on longer, and then left the rest of the show to seem rushed.

Also, relating to this series...
    Is Richard trying to turn into James?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mike65 wrote: »
    True, what really annoying is that the show has a handy 10-12 min slot that can be removed for the ads

Mike
    Isn't that called Star in a Reasonably Priced Car?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

And the news segment.
    Nd they sometimes tend to cut out bits of features, most notably the Convertable People Carrier.

Stupid Dave, "Made for the BBC, phuqued up by Dave"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's very annoying and very noticeable. Is there any reason that they couldn't cut out the celebrity rubbish?

Advertisement