Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol Singers in November? Is it Xmas already?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Now i know christmas comes earlier every year mainly duy to advertising and the commercial use of it all but i just answered the front door (while sitting down watching TOP GEAR very annoying to be distrubed, only joking) but i opened the door and found two young girls singing " we wish you a merry christmas"

Jaysus people its november.............. its not xmas yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Ah thats a bit extreme. I'd put up decorations in November (in fact, I'm really dying to put lights up in the flat, but holding back) But carol singing!! Too much too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

lotdpd wrote: »
    Now i know christmas comes earlier every year mainly duy to advertising and the commercial use of it all but i just answered the front door (while sitting down watching TOP GEAR very annoying to be distrubed, only joking) but i opened the door and found two young girls singing " we wish you a merry christmas"

Jaysus people its november.............. its not xmas yet.

way too early
    KateF wrote: »
    Ah thats a bit extreme. I'd put up decorations in November (in fact, I'm really dying to put lights up in the flat, but holding back) But carol singing!! Too much too soon.

even decorations in november is too early IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

patrickc wrote: »

even decorations in november is too early IMO.

True....first week of December is early enough. I know people who have them up already. Must be horrible for their kids wondering if Christmas is ever gonna come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

one of my favourite websites!

http://www.isitchristmas.com/

@lotdpd: Did you just close the door and go back to the TV or did you wait for them to finish and give them money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Where they the thinker kids? OR proper carolers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Tell them to call back in a month, or better still to p*ss off and never call again.

www.isitchristmas.com ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

Where they the thinker kids? OR proper carolers?

iamxavier, does it really matter which type of kids they where? they were kids full stop.

i don't wanna see this thread going down the traveller bashing route like previous ones, if it happens there'll be infractions and bans if necessary

please refer to the forum charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055183314
    and pm me or stick dan if you have any questions.

thanks

Don1 wrote: »
    Tell them to call back in a month, or better still to p*ss off and never call again.

www.isitchristmas.com ftw

You can't keep doing the same joke every year!! Tis sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Tis not a joke! The fact that people shove Christmas down your throat waaaaaay too early, and earlier every year, just so they can make more money is the joke!

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but this thing of trying to get Hallowe'en out of the way to get to Christmas is ridiculous. I know how you feel about Christmas Kate, and we'll probably have the same argument every year! Lets just agree to disagree?

Don1 wrote: »
    Tis not a joke! The fact that people shove Christmas down your throat waaaaaay too early, and earlier every year, just so they can make more money is the joke!

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but this thing of trying to get Hallowe'en out of the way to get to Christmas is ridiculous. I know how you feel about Christmas Kate, and we'll probably have the same argument every year! Lets just agree to disagree?
    Agree to disagree!! Pah! What a cop out...
    lol yeah really though i was only saying in a joking way.
    See ya scrooge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

I closed the door of course, told them its recession time not christmas time plus top gear was on the telly so had to get back to there antics....

Now guys, i do see the humour side to all this but to ask what kinda people they were (origin background) does not matter and should not be in question or considered..... the matter of it all is its November.

O and i was wondering to myself today did they actually get any money from anyone? If they did anyone up for making a few extra euros by trying to sell some shamrock before paddys day or perhaps sell some easter eggs next week.

I closed the door of course, told them its recession time not christmas time
    Sure the rescession is the whole reason its extra early this year...people can't afford to do all the Christmas shopping in December so they're spacing it out a bit. :)
    And also its nice to have a bit of cheer when its all credit crunch this, recession that....blahhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sorry I didn't mean to cause any offence with my post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I closed the door of course, told them its recession time not christmas time plus top gear was on the telly so had to get back to there antics....

I lol'd at that
    Now guys, i do see the humour side to all this but to ask what kinda people they were (origin background) does not matter and should not be in question or considered..... the matter of it all is its November.

That's very true!!

O and i was wondering to myself today did they actually get any money from anyone? If they did anyone up for making a few extra euros by trying to sell some shamrock before paddys day or perhaps sell some easter eggs next week.

And that sounds like a great idea

Advertisement