Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Carlow Train Station

Options
  • 10-11-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

So since Monday we now have to pay €2 a day or €8 a week to park in Carlow train station. What do you think about this? Personally I dont mind paying if IE would lay a bit of tarmacadam and a few white lines in the back car park its like a bomb went off back there. €8 a week is not a bad price but we can be sure this will increse every year with the rail fares!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

8 euro a week is disgraceful for the state of the place, nearly did an alloy in there..

It's terrible positioning too. I'm surprised no ones parked car has been wiped out of it there by someone coming around that corner too fast. Should be some form of barriers and tarmac..especially if they're going to charge.

the weekly ticket is €64 add €8 to that for parking and its €72.
    I can fill my diesel tank for that and with current diesel prices I'll probably get change too.
    me thinks once I get my car sorted I'll go back to driving.

Anyone want a lift ? :D

I can take 4 and I'll only charge ya €20 a week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

how many cars can fit there?? 30 max?

Bit of a joke since the cars are not in a securer environment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    the weekly ticket is €64 add €8 to that for parking and its €72.
    I can fill my diesel tank for that and with current diesel prices I'll probably get change too.
    me thinks once I get my car sorted I'll go back to driving.

Anyone want a lift ? :D

I can take 4 and I'll only charge ya €20 a week ;)

i'll undercut your prices, once I've my car back tomorrow.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'll do it for a tenner a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

7.50 each... should be a fair price :P

Well I wouldn't complain at 2 euro a day no matter what the place looks like. You rather spend 40 on a parking ticket? I think not. Most stations charge, and it is normally about 6 euro a day, or there abouts. I worked in Tallaght last year and it cost most 10 euro a day to park... ;) Getting the train is still a hell of a lot cheaper than that...

50 + about 60 for petrol = 110 per week? Ask my arse...

well I don't have to pay for parking in work. It'd imagine €60 would get me up and down for 5 days at current prices so, €72 for the train (incl. parking) works out more expensive for me.

well I don't have to pay for parking in work. It'd imagine €60 would get me up and down for 5 days at current prices so, €72 for the train (incl. parking) works out more expensive for me.

take into a/c insurance, tax, maintenance servicing also..

I'd have to pay insurance and tax anyway so there's no point in using that as an arguement IMHO.
    I do take the point of maintenance on board but for the comfort and indepedence of the car, I've absolutely no problems paying that.

• Advertisement

I'd have to pay insurance and tax anyway so there's no point in using that as an arguement IMHO.
    I do take the point of maintenance on board but for the comfort and indepedence of the car, I've absolutely no problems paying that.

totally I get ya Shay, mine broke down last weekend and had to bus it for a few days, was like quick get it back on the road asap

I presume its sorted now?
    Whatever about the train, I'd say the bus is horrible.

I presume its sorted now?
    Whatever about the train, I'd say the bus is horrible.

indeed it is, the buseireann bus is quicker than the train in the morning and is only 7.20 return...

patrickc wrote: »
    indeed it is, the buseireann bus is quicker than the train in the morning and is only 7.20 return...

But its Horrible!!

Advertisement