Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me Ex!

Options
  • 10-11-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm a 22 year old man and I have been going out with a girl for over four years now. I work over a sixty miles away and travel home to see her most nights. She lives with her mother and has a five year old child with a different man. I never minded this at all because she's a really nice girl from a very respectful family. I adore her son and get on great with him. For the last two years our relationship hasn't been the same, constant stupid fights and I know we're both fed up. I love her to bits but I really need to walk away form this but here's the problem, I can't. Eveytime we break up I'm beggin' her to take me back within three or four days. I know that we're better off apart. She was my first relationship so I know this is a factor in my decisions. Shes a beautiful girl and I love her so much but we're defiantly not meant to be. Defiantly. I'm constanly stressed out over this and it affects my work and hobbies. I just can't walk away from her and I don't know what to do?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

• For the last two years our relationship hasn't been the same, constant stupid fights and I know we're both fed up.
    • I love her to bits but I really need to walk away form this.
    • I know that we're better off apart.
    • Shes a beautiful girl and I love her so much but we're defiantly not meant to be. Defiantly.
    • I'm constanly stressed out over this and it affects my work and hobbies.

I just can't walk away from her and I don't know what to do?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed, Thanks.

With the above bulleted points, you've more than enough reason to end this and stay away. She is, in all likelyhood, a lovely girl but you have to end it if its not making you happy.

You'll both end up hating each other in time if you don't end it. And thats worse than breaking up.

Just be strong, cut ALL contact, and move on.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Chittybangbang1

you're still very young, if you were going out with her since you were about 18 then ye have both grown up so much since then. you are bound to have both grown up a lot and changed a lot. you said yourself that ye are not meant to be together so just make the break now and make it amicable, for the child's sake. she will meet someone else eventually and so will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

I was in a relationship fairly close to that. All loved up and couldn't pull myself away. It was my first relationship. Be strong, it's very hard but after two months, my life was so much happier. As I said, it is hard but its worth it. Talk to your close friends that have had serious relationships and I'm sure they'll all agree, your first serious relationship is the one where your going to be hurt the most. Its true for almost eveyone. First love. When you get through this, you'll be alot stronger person when its comes to relationships, honestly! Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Could some of the stress be caused by the fact you live so far away from her and the fact maybe you dont have enough time the 2 of you on your own. I dont think age has anything to do with this, i had settled down and had my first child by your age but maybe you both need a place to call your own? Is there anyway you could give that a go, progress the relationship??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 instruction

No unfortunely. I've tried several things over the last year to progress the relationship. Its her and her mother at home and she'll never move out because of her mother which I understand entirely. I wouldn't move in either because her mother is very old fashioned. Things just can't seem to work. Still haven't contacted her nor has she contacted me. I'd normally be the first to contact. I'm dying to contact to her being honest. My head is wrecked over all this. Alot of friends have told me that their first relationship was very difficult to get over. I hope I can get through this with a brave face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

does ur gf feel d same way as u? r u sure its over?

theres no easy way of finishing a long term relationship. its gonna hurt for a bit but if u try keep urself busy it will distract u from thinking bout her all the time.

its harder when theres kid involved as uv got close to him aswel. unfortunately ul have to cut all contact if u gonna get over this & it'll be hard for a while.

try fill d time u used to spend with them doing fun stuff so u wont b sitting at home miserable & tempted to ring/call see them.

Advertisement