Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Hardware Search

Options
  • 10-11-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have a German import motorhome, that came with an automatic satellite system installed. It was working fine, but recently failed. I've been trying to get help from the manufacturer, and it now looks like I need to ship the entire system to Germany - and I don't fancy the postage costs - never mind leaving my beloved MH with a gaping hole in the roof!!

On my trips around the counrty, I've come across several german import owners, and a lot of them with problematic systems, so I'm hoping someone out there can help!

Does anyone have a Kathrein motorised satellite system - working or not - that they'd be willing to help in trying to self-fix this problem. I'm looking for anyone with the following components - as they seems to work together specifically..

UFD170 - this is the Satellite receiver / controller and will be inside the van (and the bit I really want to try to swap out first)
    HDP171 - the turntable on the roof
    BAS60 - the square satellite dish (although probably not the bit thats gone!

If anyone has a working version of these, and is willing to let me "borrow" them to see which bit I need to buy, I'd also be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Have a UFD345 Kathrein receiver, don't know if it's compatible with your system though. PM me if interested.
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the offer, but that model's not compatible with what I have.

Regards,

Michael

Advertisement