Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonathon Creek

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭

Mentioned there on another thread. But really deserves it's own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathon_Creek

Fantastic series.
    Think it's on uktv or something late at night.

So should there be more TV shows about crime fighting magicians?
    Should magicians fight more crime in real life?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Loved it. Absolutly loved it. 2 of my favourites was "The Three Gamblers" and "Danse Macabre". The first 2 series where the better ones I thought.
    I have the Xmas specials and the last 2series on dvd , I had the first 2 but I lent them to someone I worked with, left work and didn't get em back :(

That wiki page says there's a 2008 Xmas special :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/06_june/03/jonathan_creek.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Was a great show and Alan Davies is brilliant.

A question though (and one that seems to be the theme of this forum), are they doing anything wrong by saying how the tricks are done? Maybe I'm way off and there workings arent accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

If memory serves they didn't reveal too many tricks.
    Even when they did it wasn't a masked magician kind of thing, more to advance the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

this is not strictly about j.creek (not at all actually)
    does anyone remember a show with bill bixby called "the magician"
    i loved it as a kid
    cant understand why it has never been repeated
    ok back to jonathan creek

Has anyone come across any news on this new episode for Xmas ? You'd imagine that it would be schedulded already. I can't find anything though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

1st of Janurary

I saw the New Years episode, I wasn't that impressed. It didn't have the same magic (pardon the pun). Shame Caroline Quenlin wasn't in it. Thought it was a bit long and convulated, and just not very good.
    The bath trick was excellent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I recorded it and havent gotten around to it yet. Definitely a pity Caroline Quentin isn't in it.

Advertisement