Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Carvery in Melbourne?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Any ideas lads?
    How am i supposed to tackle a hangover with out a big durty carvery and a cold glass of milk on a sunday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Irish/English bars are your best bet.

Elephant and Wheelbarrow have a Sunday roast, I think.
    PJ's does good grub too, can't remember if there's a roast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I have only heard bad things about the elephant and wheelbarrow.

Went to PJs yesterday, hence this thread tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Irish/English bars are your best bet.

Elephant and Wheelbarrow have a Sunday roast, I think.
    PJ's does good grub too, can't remember if there's a roast though.

There is a roast in Pj's in melbourne was decent but not amazing

I dunno what's with Aussie pubs, they never have stuffing over here!

Wheelbarrow is a TERRIBLE place (I can't emphasise the word 'terrible' enough). But I did have a roast there once, and it was pretty good, but then again I hadn't had a roast in about 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Now... don't give out to me for this one but you could make your own roasts boys. It's easy and you get leftovers for days. Then you have stuffing and everything just the way you like it. I have mashed carrot and parsnip with mine and you'd never get that out here!

If any of you are ever in Wellington I'll have you over for a roast chicken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

watna wrote: »
    Now... don't give out to me for this one but you could make your own roasts boys. It's easy and you get leftovers for days. Then you have stuffing and everything just the way you like it. I have mashed carrot and parsnip with mine and you'd never get that out here!

HAHAHAHA, Watna I can barely sit upright on a sunday after a night out much less prepare a roast dinner!!:D:D:D

However should I ever be in Wellington I will be holding you to youor above promise!:rolleyes:

watna wrote: »

Lol! If you post up a recipe and instructions I will try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Lol! If you post up a recipe and instructions I will try it!

Maybe I will.... I make good roasts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Knocking up a roast is a piece of piss. Plus leftover (spiced) lamb in pitta bread with garlic sauce or aioli the next day is a yum fest :pac:

Advertisement