Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in Galway

Options
  • 09-11-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just found this http://galwaycycling.org/good_cycle_routes_in_galway and was wondering if any boardsies have similar tips on shortcuts and routes.

I've just recently started cycling around the place and finding some places particularly treacherous! Like the roundabout by Galway Shopping Centre, and the bridge at the Cathedral.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I find that most roundabouts in the city are dodgy for cycling, never been brave enough to try the bridge. I also hate seeing cyclists running red lights but that is me

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

My tips would be,

hold your own on the road and give yourself enough space from footpaths etc but dont take the pish with this,

dont delay the traffic,

use the the lamhas when needed.

cycle with intent and no road is too treacherous,

oh yea and look car drivers in the eye especially at junctions, if they think your mad enough they wont jump the lights on you when they go green.

been cycling over 20 years in galway and no hassles.

Advertisement