Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAGGAGE RESTRICTIONS - COSTS??

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Heya guys,

I'm flying to oz tomorrow evening with Etihad Airways. I've got a rucksack that on my weighing scales comes in at a little below 20kgs but my dad disagrees and thinks it's well over the reccommended weight! Firstly, what is the recommended weight and if you're over, how much will it cost??? Also, with hand luggage, I've got another rucksack type bag, it's faily packed and weighs about 5kgs - is this too big to bring as hand luggage?? how big are the storage areas over your head on the plane??

cheers for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

it's usually around the 20kg mark, but will state it on your ticket, I am not sure how your dad disagrees ... do you mean he is a weighing scales and thinks the weight is wrong??

Hand luggage rules will again be stated on your ticket/website ... surely i wouldn't be too difficult to search?? http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/au/en/experienceetihad/attheairport/pages/BaggageInformation.aspx

7kg for hand luggage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yeah, does your dad have a superman ability to tell weight's with his eyes (that'd be awesome!)

It's most likely 20kg. I flew to NZ with Qantas and I was 23KG the whole way, they didn't say a thing. It's a bit more flexible than Ryanair (which wouldn't be hard - they made queue for 40 minutes once because I was 0.8kg over the weight on my bag, baxtards!)

Besh of luck with your flight and getting to Oz. You must be really excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Actually, sorry to highjack but

Im heading home for a month at chrimbo and am just bringing a small bag as hand luggage to minimise wasting time.

What parameters should be inside with regard to size? weight? etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Actually, sorry to highjack but

Im heading home for a month at chrimbo and am just bringing a small bag as hand luggage to minimise wasting time.

What parameters should be inside with regard to size? weight? etc?

it will tell you all on the airlines website
    (if flying eithad I posted the link above)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

hussey wrote: »
    it will tell you all on the airlines website
    (if flying eithad I posted the link above)
    Nah finnair,

cheers ill have a look !

• Advertisement
Advertisement