Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fishing Club On The East Coast

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

EAST COAST RAIDERS, Sponcerd by Viking Tackle

there is a new fishing club on the east coast starting up, at the moment and are currently looking for new members,, both a senior and junior sections are available,, this is the perfect opportunity for any one looking to meet a few new people into fishing, and learn and also teach a few new tricks,

all competitions less than an hour drive from dublin,
    7 shore comps a year,
    great prizes,
    novelty comps,
    some fishing trips to,

all enqiurys can be made to CLUB SECRETARY albert allan 0863918795

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PETEMCL2003

i tried ringin this today but couldn't get through. does anyone have any more info about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

you should be able to get him handy enough he might have been out digging bait at the time

for more info check
    www.ecrsac.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ts1

Looks good. I sent an email today enquiring about joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

What is this club's position on the reintroduction of commercial bass fishing? Publish it on your website.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7052683.ece

In the past I've seen members of this club active on the forums of another angling site denigrating anglers - including some very fine ones - interested in bass conservation, and actively undermining other grassroots by anglers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Incidentally, I would also like to know what child protection guidelines are in place by this club as it involves junior activities. Where are those details on your web site?

uvox wrote: »
    Incidentally, I would also like to know what child protection guidelines are in place by this club as it involves junior activities. Where are those details on your web site?

all i can personally tell you about the junior section is
    They have 3 hour comps , independent to the senior comps and a guardian or parent of each child has to be present at all times,

any other info give fintan a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alby

What is this club's position on the reintroduction of commercial bass fishing? Publish it on your website.

No

"Should you wish to have a member of your family join the youth section please don’t hesitate in contacting any of the committee members for further information or clarification. At ECR safety is our priority therefore it is mandatory to have parental supervision at each competition. In conjunction with this we also have committee members present. Thus far we have exceeded general EHS guidelines by having 4 adults for the 5 youth members present at competitions. We have a fully certified Occupational/ Paediatric First Aider (safety & health welfare regulations 2007 – SI no. 44-1993) present at each competition. We ensure that a minimum safe distance from the sea is maintained & in case of pier fishing we have barriers erected. Any infractions of the rules result in disqualification from the competition. We hope that your query has been answered to your satisfaction".

Ultan, I'm not sure why you feel the need to ouvertly question the motivations or priorities of ECR SAC, its members or its youth policies???

In short, we are not a political party, we are a fishing club

We do not publish manifesto's, have agendas or lobby to suit our own interests. In its rawest form - We are a group of lads who go fishing together along the Dublin, Wicklow & Wexford coastline, have a bit of fun when we do so, and as an incentive have prizes in our competitions and send our elite anglers to fish against the best in the country in the National Master Angler Competition!

We also have a thriving youth section, where the kids have a great time fishing with their guardians, enjoying the great outdoors and hopefully gaining an appreciation for angling for the rest of their lives.

No cloak & dagger stuff, that's it! We'd be delighted if you'd like to attend one of our competitions or maybe even have a go at fishing one yourself, you're more than welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ok guys,

I'm not getting into politics or club policies on this site, so I'm closing the thread & any enquiries to Club Secretary albert allan

Thanks to the OP for this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement