Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File names not displayed in folder

Options
  • 09-11-2008 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

This just happened today; I own a Windows XP computer, and I was going into one of my folders to find that all of the files and folders in it weren't displaying their names. It was before, just an hour earlier, and all of a sudden it wasn't. All the other folders are fine. When I change the view to list or tiles, the names are displayed, but not for the thumbnail view. I went to View -> Choose Details to try and display the names using the list, but the Name option had its box checked (even though the names aren't showing), and like all the other folders, the option to check and uncheck the box was unavailable.

Is there any logical reason as to why this would happen, and how can I fix it?

Advertisement