Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auckland midweek Advice

Options
  • 09-11-2008 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im going to Auckland on Tue for 2 or 3 days whil my Oz offshore visa aplication is being processed.

Any ideas on what to get up to and what part to stay in.

CBD East West etc....??

Anything good on, going out wise on a Tue, live music... ?
    ANy rugby ?

Whats the weather like now, beaches near the CBD any use bringng the budgee smugglers :) ?

Would like to get out on the water too and try some sailing ?

Any expats or locals here with some advice.

cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Not too much crack on a Tuesday, mate. There's a few pub quiaaes and the Dog's Bollix (in Newton) will have live music. I don't like your chances of getting on the water, either - weather likely to be fairly ****e. If I was you I'd stay in the CBD, more chance of something going on. Try O'Carrol's in Vulcan Lane or the Viaduct area (full of abrs and restaurants).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

If you were coming to Wellington then I could think of a loads of things to do during the week but I can't help you with Auckland. Sorry!

As was said above, the weather might not be great so you probably shouldn't count on being able to get on the water until you see what the day is going to be like. I find it even more unpredictable here than home. One day, blazing sunshine the next cold and rainy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I second O'Carrolls bar, clean and nice atmosphere, also if you venture to Parnell theres The Bog which is alright too. CBD is probably the best place to stay as its central to everything. Can get the Link bus around town suburbs like Parnell, New Market , Ponsonby etc and get a sample of each of them for $1.60 a trip so not too bad! The weather for the last week was fantastic here in Auckland but is turning back to overcast and showers now but hopefully a sign of more fine weather to come!

Advertisement