Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out DVD region

Options
  • 08-11-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a few DVD's that I want to put up for sale on the internet but there are no markings anywhere on them that tell me what region code they are.

These are dvd's that would have been bought in HMV.

Do I need some software application to find out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

They'd be region 2 if bought in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Region 2 at least. i.e. they could be multiregion, like region 2 & 4 at the same time, or region 0

I get lots of music dvds, and many tend to be region 0 (which is region free)

If you put a dvd and open dvddecrypter it shows the regions, other software might do the same. I just popped in a US disc and it is region 1 & 4. A region free one just listed all the regions, even the weird oil rig regions (i.e. it did not say region free or region 0).

Be careful to state they are PAL or NTSC. Most PAL players will play NTSC fine, but not vice versa. Most in the US are using NTSC players.

Also I would have a look at www.adverts.ie to sell them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I find it strange that it doesn't show the Region logo on at least one of the DVD or cover. Most these days have them printed on both.

dvd_region_21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NTSC/PAL is typically a dead giveaway also

Advertisement