Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandana's & Hats for Cancer patient

Options
  • 08-11-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey, my Mum has just lost all her hair now from Chemo. Her head turned out to be suprisingly small! therefore the best thing to fit her would be a bandana or beanie hat.......anyone recommend a place to get some? Preferably not online shops, somewhere in Dublin City where i can physically go and see them. Also, they are for my Mum so none with skull & bones or USA colours on them please! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

You can get plain hats in the likes of Pennys and Dunnes, they're like five euro for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Try kid's departments? A friend of mine had chemo and she found children's hats were often of softer material, and it'd work for the sizing factor too. Accessorise do nice ones of all types.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

i found beanie hats great and those hats that have the floppy bits over your ears as you might not see hair below that in any case (well maybe that was just me)>>>my hubby got them in places like dunnes and marks and accesorise and i agree about the kiddies shops! good luck to your mum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

thanks to everyone for that advice, i ended up getting some kids hats in Debenhams and I also got this thing called Buff Headwear, its great, its a piece of material that can turn into all kinds of hats.....i would recommend it to anyone else looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

my mam lost her hair from chemo and got a wig but found that she got very very warm with it on so we stumbled across the towel tubans that you get in the likes of penneys or dunnes. she wore that around the house, because she was very paranoid about her lack of hair even indoors, they worked a treat. she just always looked as though she was just out of the shower and never had to go routing around looking for her wig or a hat when someone called to the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi, i found bluerosewaterford.com (irish company) had a great selection of fashionable headwear designed to look like a full hair underneath. They also sent items out on a sale or return, very nice company. 05860934

Advertisement