Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big favour needed

Options
  • 08-11-2008 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

hi. would any1 be willing to build a DIY project for me?? for a few euros of course:)
    i need to viv built, it needs to be 6ft long x 4ft wide x 2.5ft high. it need to be made from marine plywood (or something similar) and have glass sliding doors??

please please please??

i would do it myself but im useless and dont have a garden to make it in!! my carpet would be ruined!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

What is a viv?
    what thickness does the mp need to be?
    where are u based?
    how airtight does it need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

its a tank for keeping reptiles in!!
    12mm mp would do the job.
    im based in lucan
    it doesnt really need to be airtight,as the animal inside it needs to breath, if it was sealed around the edges with non-toxic wood glue that would do the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Interesting what u learn on boards.:)

The timber work would not be difficult. sourcing the glass and tracking would be so perhaps you could do that if I made the box:pac:.

Is the glass on top or in the side like in the zoo:)

Would need center support at the front if on side

Will it be on legs or on the floor or on a table or what?

Air vents can be added

I would not be gluing this. I would use 25 mm sq PAO timber in the corners and screw both sheets to the pao

The front where the glass frame would fit would have say a 100 by 25mm pao internal frame to fix the tracking onto

In terms of size, is the 2.5 feet critical or would 2 feet do, would be less waste and less joins with 2 feet as the sheets are 8 feet by 4 feet

12mm might be a bit thin.
    why marine ply? will it be in the house or in a garage/shed.

Is the pet like the one in the picture:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

the viv was meant to be for a tegu lizard, but the ate that was meant to sell it to me has decided to keep it so i am no longer in need of it.

Advertisement