Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Sydney bound for a month.....

Options
  • 08-11-2008 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend some good clubs? Namely places full of English birds (;) I have heard the Aussie women are wise and weary of silver tongued Irish guff at this stage), and the maddest rave/trance/house/techno type spots in the city.

Also, I know my mate and my cousin out there (I am flying out alone to meet up, month long holiday). While they like to drink as much as possible during the week they work obviously, so might not be up for a mad one every single night. Added to that the fact I will be alone during most of the daytime while they work. Any handy spots where you can relax havin a few beers and get to know fellow travellers easily, so as to link up with them later if they are bang on? Unlikely I will be staying in hostels at all so that is not really an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Try Arq & stonewall on oxford st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

We have a comedian I see. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

shane86 wrote: »
    Any handy spots where you can relax havin a few beers and get to know fellow travellers easily, so as to link up with them later if they are bang on? Unlikely I will be staying in hostels at all so that is not really an option.

There are no tourist specific bars that I can think of - most city centre places are going to be a mix of locals and tourists. If you mean areas where backpackers would be in high numbers during the day I suppose you could try Kings cross (which can still be a teeny bit dodge).

Checking into a hostel at like 5am often handy enough/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

the tool shed , oxford street.
    or the gaff...

• Advertisement

I might have to stop in on Barry and Husseys stand up comedy gigs and all. :rolleyes:

Any genuine suggestions or is Sydney devoid of nightlife?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I might have to stop in on Barry and Husseys stand up comedy gigs and all. :rolleyes:

Any genuine suggestions or is Sydney devoid of nightlife?

Ignorance is bliss. They are not winding you up, the places mentioned by the two lads are right up your alley.
    Anyone recommend some good clubs? Namely places full of English birds ( I have heard the Aussie women are wise and weary of silver tongued Irish guff at this stage), and the maddest rave/trance/house/techno type spots in the city.

So let me get this straight. The Aussies are 'on to us' and the English (being our neighbours and all) are not?

It is a simple question. Where is decent. Basically I am trying to avoid Aussie versions of coppers full of a similiar Irish clientele knocking the ****e out of each other after a brawl breaks out in the middle of Galway Girl being played.(not to say I want to avoid Irish pubs, I love them. But not coppers style Irish nightclubs with crap music)

If you dont have any valid contribution why not just fcuk off?

edit- hmm, The Gaff might be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you dont have any valid contribution why not just fcuk off?

Essentially you ask us a club full of english girls .... you seriously think we are not gonna have some fun with that ?

when we crack a few jokes you tell us to f-off ... get over it.

if you want a mad rave night, kings cross or oxford st are where the rave clubs are ... and some are gay friendly, but still have a lot of girls.
    So I actually did answer your question

If you want a 'maddest rave/trance/house/techno type spots in the city' full of english women ... then head to england. As you won't find it in sydney

hussey wrote: »
    Essentially you ask us a club full of english girls .... you seriously think we are not gonna have some fun with that ?

when we crack a few jokes you tell us to f-off ... get over it.

if you want a mad rave night, kings cross or oxford st are where the rave clubs are ... and some are gay friendly, but still have a lot of girls.
    So I actually did answer your question

If you want a 'maddest rave/trance/house/techno type spots in the city' full of english women ... then head to england. As you won't find it in sydney

Fair enough so.

Though the reason I am not heading to England is clearly weather. Everyone is nearly surprised I am not massively arsed about heading out of Sydney, tbh decent nightlife and non stop sunshine is all I am looking for, and if it is all in one place so be it ;)

Snapping Global Gathering is long sold out mind. :( Would be the undoubted highlight of the trip if I sourced cheap tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

shane86 - watch it. There's no need to tell people to fúck off, regardless of how unhelpful you think they're posts are. Be nice.

Advertisement