Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sally GAP - Status ?????

Options
  • 07-11-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the status of SallyGap is... I'm thinking of heading out tomorrow down that way but wanted to make sure its passable .. I'm not going to make it for the group ride unfortunately so I'll need to brave it alone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Seemed fine yesterday. Plenty of cyclists up there. All 4 seasons too as you'd expect.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's a bit of a lottery to be honest. The weather up there is very different to the city. Could be fine today and then you get snow tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Sallygap will be under 10 feet of snow and only accessible by helicopter or blorgmobile. I also recommend to avoid at ALL cost the Col de Dundrum Shopping centre, categorie 9 on the ritcher magnitude scale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Sallygap will be under 10 feet of snow and only accessible by helicopter or blogmobile. I also recommend to avoid at ALL cost the Col de Dundrum Shopping centre, categorie 9 on the ritcher magnitude scale...

Oh.... if it only like that I probably won't even need my long sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Just back from a spin up there testing out the new jacket. :D

Came up from the glencree side and came back down in to roundwood. Roads were fine.

Was really windy though - had a fierce head/cross wind all the way up. Actually blew me in to the ditch at one point!

• Advertisement

Was really windy though - had a fierce head/cross wind all the way up. Actually blew me in to the ditch at one point!

Crazy wind eh - Last time Tonto was out and the wind was mad, it blew him straight to the 3rd floor of the Dundrum shopping centre in full Aqua Sapone gear ... Crazy stuff ...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sallygap will be under 10 feet of snow and only accessible by helicopter or blorgmobile. I also recommend to avoid at ALL cost the Col de Dundrum Shopping centre, categorie 9 on the ritcher magnitude scale...
    Crazy wind eh - Last time Tonto was out and the wind was mad, it blew him straight to the 3rd floor of the Dundrum shopping centre in full Aqua Sapone gear ... Crazy stuff ...

How's the medication going Caroline?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You're not going to post that pic are you?

el tonto wrote: »
    Please, post that picture of when you came to my rescue up the 3rd floor of the shopping centre.
    Yes Dear :)

Looks like u want me to ...

Ah jayz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yes Dear :)

What a hero El_Tonto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Just back from a spin up there testing out the new jacket. :D

Came up from the glencree side and came back down in to roundwood. Roads were fine.

I concur. The roads are in great condition. And there wasn't too many people driving around today. I was so tired when I reach the top of Sally Gap (from Portmarnock) that I was sickened to see I still had to go up to Luggala.... needless to say it was fine.

Advertisement