Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS main entrance - no bike racks at all

Options
  • 07-11-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hi there,
    I was at the RDS last night and had nowhere but the railings to lock my bike. Pretty poor. I know bike racks are a bit ugly - but better than along the railings.

I'll be emailing them to see what they plan on doing...

Anywhere else you go regularly that has a lack of bike parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Howitzer wrote: »

everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Not much in Toronto ?

There are bike racks all over Dublin, I don't have a problem locking the bike up when heading into town. Sometimes it means a few minutes walk, no biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Howitzer wrote: »
    hi there,
    I was at the RDS last night and had nowhere but the railings to lock my bike. Pretty poor. I know bike racks are a bit ugly - but better than along the railings.

I'll be emailing them to see what they plan on doing...

I think there are some outside the Spar that's across the road from the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

penexpers wrote: »
    I think there are some outside the Spar that's across the road from the RDS.

There are, but they aren't great, and usually overly full too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Wats wrong with the railings???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Wats wrong with the railings???

Nowt wrong with the railings - was very secure - but I worried some horse show type would come along with their con saw and rip the bike off there for aesthetical reasons! ;-)

Advertisement