Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finger injuries - ever happened to you?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Yeayy! Another Cycling injury for Moi!!!!

At the outpatiend dept this morning for my broken thumb and I told about another problem of mine, which they described as ' Trigger Finger' on the same hand as the fracture ( left ).

People whose work or hobbies require repetitive gripping actions are more susceptible... I guess cycling does involve a lot of gripping as well as playing music .. i guess I am double prone to that.

Has anyone ever had that? I have to do sone therapy and maybe get a injection ( of a banned substance ) if it doesn't improve ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Isn't it a fancy name for **** Cramp?

I'll get me coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Speaking as both musician and cyclist, and also as someone who has fractured fingers in the past, I can tell you that some finger injuries can take quite a while to heal. I had one particular strain that literally took a year to heal - and I was informed by my GP that all I could do was wait. On the plus side, it didn't restrict my movement all that much - it just meant I couldn't make a full fist with one hand. (Naturally I stayed away from O'Connell Street at night, but that was no great hassle.) That said, I also fractured a fingertip and, apart from a bit of swelling, it made no material difference to my life.

In your case, it sounds as if treatment is available, so I guess that will help to accelerate the healing process.
    Yeayy! Another Cycling injury for Moi!!!!

At the outpatiend dept this morning for my broken thumb and I told about another problem of mine, which they described as ' Trigger Finger' on the same hand as the fracture ( left ).

People whose work or hobbies require repetitive gripping actions are more susceptible... I guess cycling does involve a lot of gripping as well as playing music .. i guess I am double prone to that.

Has anyone ever had that? I have to do sone therapy and maybe get a injection ( of a banned substance ) if it doesn't improve ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

72hundred wrote: »
    No No I don't get that ... that is yuk ...

I get the triger finger on my middle finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 john77

1,000th post coming up Caroline, you'll have to come up with something special...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Isn't it a fancy name for **** Cramp?

I'll get me coat....

That's the 1st thing that came to my mind but I thought "there's no way I can type that" but good auld Tiny did it for me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    That's the 1st thing that came to my mind but I thought "there's no way I can type that" but good auld Tiny did it for me;)

The voice of the common man, thats Mr Explosions for ya... I say what we're all thinking :)

Advertisement