Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Suitability Assesment Course

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone here done the course Site Suitablity Assessment for On-site
    Wastewater Management
    ?

Planning authorities are beginning to look for completion of this course to prepare site suitability reports - Kerry Co Co for example.

Apparently Fás are doing the course, but it dosen't seem to be advertised on their site.

Any info apperciated. Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Hey,

Has anyone here done the course Site Suitablity Assessment for On-site
    Wastewater Management?

Planning authorities are beginning to look for completion of this course to prepare site suitability reports - Kerry Co Co for example.

Apparently Fás are doing the course, but it dosen't seem to be advertised on their site.

Any info apperciated. Thanks

a member of our office did the course...

its a Level 6 FETAC awarded Specific Purpose Certificate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Thanks.

It's strange it's not listed an the FAS site.

I better ring them I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Course is normally run over 2 1 week sessions jimbo, and it's normally run once a year. I think this year's course is over (it's normally held in June) I did it in 2006 - 1st session (in Tullamore on that occasion) covers all the the theory with some practical sessions, then the second week in Wexford covers practical - site inspections etc. There's a lot in the theory part, but the exam was 'open book' back then and was mostly based on the EPA manual. Once you get your results, you then do 2 reports on sites in your area and submit them and you'll be called for interview to back up your findings. Get through taht alright and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I've since heard it took place a few weeks back.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

There is usually a long waiting list, so get your name down asap.

One course to serve the whole country! More Councils would introduce the EPA test if there were more qualified FAS testers in their County.

Does it still cost circa 1K?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Cost me €1800 in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Who do you ring about this and what is the number as i cannot find anything on net. thanks in advance.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Who do you ring about this and what is the number as i cannot find anything on net. thanks in advance.:o
    Call your nearest FAS. I know a guy starting this course in January through FAS in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoc087

Hi All

i know this an old topic and that FETAC award has been replaced by the QQI now

But my is to qualify to be accepted into the QQI Site Assessment Certification course - does anyone know what expected prior qualifications are ? i.e. do you have to be a qualified engineer etc to be eligible for the certification course ?

Advertisement