Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anybody post up a copy

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

of todays Irish Daily Mail story about St Pats players backing
    the other teams to win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

There's no real point. There's no detail in the story at all.

here's the IT story

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2008/1107/1225925540806.html

Club chief executive Richard Sadlier confirmed last night the meeting had taken place. He said he had arranged it after being contacted several times recently about the story which, he had been told, would appear in the paper today.

"I called them in because I didn't want them just waking up to something like that," he said. "I had the meeting to make them aware of it."

Asked if he believes his players to be innocent of any wrongdoing, Sadlier said: "I would assume and hope that they are, but we can't just ignore something like that, we'll look into it as much as we can.

"I'm disappointed, though, that our club is going to be written about in this context and disappointed, too, that players I presume to be innocent until some evidence to the contrary is uncovered might end up having some sort of cloud hanging over them."

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Thought there would be a bit more then that.
    Where's the pictures of betting slips, covert cameras etc etc as the Mail would normally do!

Thought there would be a bit more then that.
    Where's the pictures of betting slips, covert cameras etc etc as the Mail would normally do!

Can't provide evidence if its not true...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

If it wasn't true, the Mail wouldn't have published it, would they? :rolleyes:

He hee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Pats have suspended a player (Dempsey) who has apparently admitted doing a €20 double on Galway (v Pats) and an English game.

The player didn't take any part in the match.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1109/dempsey.html

Advertisement