Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special car insurance rates for over 25's & large engine cars

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

This site has some new special prices on car insurance for people over 25 years old and for cars with an engine size of 1.4L +

[the link in this post has been approved by moderater "blade" it is not a referral link in the usual sense, this is to specify the promo/broker only] - thank you

EDIT - Anyone that has problems getting an actual quote can visit the site directly and instead of you being asigned to 1 broker it will search 9 local brokers. The first link above has specials for over 25's & engines above 1.4L so try that one first :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

posted a few weeks back,
    crap rate, everyones quote was dearer...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055403690

to be honst, a referral link is a referral link.
    is it a broker or an offer.
    if its a broker they get moeny from people clicking that link and if its an offer why cant you post details?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Meh! wouldn't quote me. just gave me a number to ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

And near the bottom:
    Does not have non-standard audio equipment or a car phone

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Refused to quote for me too and gave me a number to ring.
    Bah humbug......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

It gave me a quote it was dearer then the cheapest quote ive gotten but still cheaper then quein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

smccarrick wrote: »
    Refused to quote for me too and gave me a number to ring.
    Bah humbug......
    Meh! wouldn't quote me. just gave me a number to ring.

It gave me 11 quotes:confused:

heymcflyx wrote: »
    It gave me 11 quotes:confused:

Maybe it didn't like my car :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Useless for me anyway.

Entered details and it said my 'appointed insurer' was Naas insurance and now wants my current policy numbers, insurer details, my contact details, my car's reg numbers etc. before it'll even give me a quote.

Have always found online quotes far more expensive anyway.

Did Bestquote the last day and the lowest quote was €890.

Through a broker, Hibernian offered €585 and AXA offered €500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jimpsta

Anyone that has problems getting an actual quote can visit the site directly and instead of you being asigned to 1 broker it will search 9 brokers.

The reason some of you got multiple quotes is because each broker has their own insurers to search and it displays all available quotes.

This site will be the cheapest in the country... They are adding another 10 local brokers in January as far as I know...

its good to see it beat Quinn though :)

subway wrote: »
    posted a few weeks back,
    crap rate, everyones quote was dearer...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055403690

to be honst, a referral link is a referral link.
    is it a broker or an offer.
    if its a broker they get moeny from people clicking that link and if its an offer why cant you post details?

The above link might well be the same overall site but visiting via the above link will only be good for certain types of people as you would have only gotten a quote via insuraall, whereas the link in this OP is for naa s insurance.

They dont get money from people clicking the link unless you actually find a quote you want and talk to them on the phone.

Some of the broker members have been around for over 90 years!

PIB A = Non profit organisation

This site is growing a new products added regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Went back in again and went through the whole rig marole.

It assigned me a particular broker again but gave four quotes this time.

Two of which are quite good. But the only way to see the details of the policies or which insurance company they are with is to give them all of your details. Reg number etc. etc.

Wish you could see which insurance company they were with.

Our insurance was €575 last year. Girlfriend got her full licence in July and we got a €55 rebate. But our broker informed us that Hibernian would only quote us €570 for next year!??! She said the best offer out there was €500 with AXA.

But that site puts two better quotes out there - €404 and €439.

Mmmmmm.

quad_red wrote: »
    Went back in again and went through the whole rig marole.

It assigned me a particular broker again but gave four quotes this time.

Two of which are quite good. But the only way to see the details of the policies or which insurance company they are with is to give them all of your details. Reg number etc. etc.

Wish you could see which insurance company they were with.

Our insurance was €575 last year. Girlfriend got her full licence in July and we got a €55 rebate. But our broker informed us that Hibernian would only quote us €570 for next year!??! She said the best offer out there was €500 with AXA.

But that site puts two better quotes out there - €404 and €439.

Mmmmmm.

Very good :)

They will ring you and quite possible beat even those quotes! :D

Didnt you get an email with the name of the insurer?.. i can follow this up for you if you wish? (pm me :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

whats the point in limiting yourself to one broker if the site can search more?

do you work for Naas insurance or have any affilaition with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

WTF?
    The vehicle:
    Does not have non-standard audio equipment or a car phone

I fail to see how having a different radio makes you more or less of a risk.

Edit: In fairness though I am getting a pretty decent quote from them (€555 for a 1.8 litre Civic, 26, kilkenny)

subway wrote: »
    whats the point in limiting yourself to one broker if the site can search more?

do you work for Naas insurance or have any affilaition with them?

I dont work for them. When you visit pibasure from a brokers link they give you special discounts which are not available through general broker search.

its a bonus for people who know their site.

I am however affiliated with PIB A (volunatary group) non profit organisation. We are bringing the small local brokers online who have better deals within their niches and who would otherwise not be able to afford the huge costs these systems incur. Has benifits to the economy as well rather than the big guns taking all the online traffic for their general rates pibasure allows smaller brokers with often even better rates to be found :D

Stephen wrote: »
    WTF?

I fail to see how having a different radio makes you more or less of a risk.

Edit: In fairness though I am getting a pretty decent quote from them (€555 for a 1.8 litre Civic, 26, kilkenny)

Good to hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah these guys are a Joke i am Paying 668euro 23 old on a Bmw 318is With Quinn, And they quoted me 1800. WTF like.

Yeah these guys are a Joke i am Paying 668euro 23 old on a Bmw 318is With Quinn, And they quoted me 1800. WTF like.

Hmm, I think you missed a portion of the overall thread ;)

Special rates for over 25's you are 23. Try the link below, you will get a much better quote.

I suggest This Link to get a better quote for your criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Jimpsta wrote: »
    I am however affiliated with PIB A (volunatary group) non profit organisation. We are bringing the small local brokers online who have better deals within their niches and who would otherwise not be able to afford the huge costs these systems incur. Has benifits to the economy as well rather than the big guns taking all the online traffic for their general rates pibasure allows smaller brokers with often even better rates to be found :D

Jimpsta are PIBA doing this just for smaller brokers or will it be for all PIBA members?
    I got varying quotes from €466 to €1185 but it doesn't tell you which company its with from what I could see. Quite a good price for the cheapest one though but it could've been with Quinn maybe???

Keith186 wrote: »
    Jimpsta are PIBA doing this just for smaller brokers or will it be for all PIBA members?
    I got varying quotes from €466 to €1185 but it doesn't tell you which company its with from what I could see. Quite a good price for the cheapest one though but it could've been with Quinn maybe???

Good to see some nice quotes coming out.

Sent you a pm also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The picture of the Supra on the website amuses me, considering most insurers would run a mile rather than insure one :D

Stephen wrote: »
    The picture of the Supra on the website amuses me, considering most insurers would run a mile rather than insure one :D

Yeah :D, but wouldnt that be the point of the image? So as to make you aware that they are not afraid to quote you even if you come along in a mad yoke! :D

There's some better car insurance quotes added today for young drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Quotes ranging from €1060 up to €1370 TPFT...

34, M, 2yr NCB, Pug406 2.0l

lol with Quinn I'm only paying €960
    I'd hate to see what the prices were like without the "special rates"...Bargain my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Wow got a quote from €700-€1350 comprehensive for a 1.6L Golf, the cheapest they offered is more expensive than what i'm paying now for fully comp. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

didnt have my car listed, no surprise, jap import, honda accord sir-t. 2.0 litre.

im 25 with 3 years no claim on my 3rd year of my provisional. no penalty points. (test in a couple weeks)

with quinn im payin 1700 fully comp with an excess of 100.

on that site, the quotes ranged from 1100 to 1900.

the cheapest had an excess of 4000!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hmmm interesting got 100 quid off my last quote... might bookmark this thread and revisit when i actually get a car !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Bah! I didnt get a quote at all told me to contact Naas Insurance. Am I doing something wrong.

25, Female, Full License, 2.5L Turbo Skyline! Doubt they can beat Quinn

Jaysus! Its not me its the Skyline!

I tried my last car I had. Mx-3 1.5 and I was quoted nearly 4 times what my Insurance used to be. :eek:

Jaysus! Its not me its the Skyline!

Lol......
    I'm not surprised to be honest.
    I got caught out with the sports version of a Volvo of all things.......
    I rang- the quote from them is almost double what Hibernian (who are rip-off merchants) are charging me at the moment.......

• Advertisement

I know I have a good price on the Skyline with Quinn but if anything ever happens ie. accident or car stolen etc you really are up **** creek with them. :(

Advertisement