Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to add a soundtrack to a home video

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey, I'm making a slideshow dvd thingy with old family photos that I've scanned onto pc and I want to put different songs with different sections. The photos will have "funny" (I hope) captions and the music will hopefully fit it.

Does anyone know of a way I can do this? I have Nero vision essentials which I haven't used and also haev windows dvd maker but that won't burn to dvd - says an error about not recognising the dvd drive. Vista no doubt.

The idea is that the pics will slowly go from one to another with the appropriate music playing. Is this something that can be done on a home pc?

As ever, thanks for any advice in advance.

Natacha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Natacha wrote: »
    Hey, I'm making a slideshow dvd thingy with old family photos that I've scanned onto pc and I want to put different songs with different sections. The photos will have "funny" (I hope) captions and the music will hopefully fit it.

Does anyone know of a way I can do this? I have Nero vision essentials which I haven't used and also haev windows dvd maker but that won't burn to dvd - says an error about not recognising the dvd drive. Vista no doubt.

The idea is that the pics will slowly go from one to another with the appropriate music playing. Is this something that can be done on a home pc?

As ever, thanks for any advice in advance.

Natacha

This is what ya want!

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=8946

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I recommend Windows Movie Maker, a free and simple to use application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes windows movie maker will allow you to put your pics and audio together .You take your music from your libary such as on windows media or Itunes etc and it's quite simple .The tricky bit might be putting it onto dvd format so you might need other softwear such as 2nd previous poster mentioned .Let us know how you get on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Natacha

Have been down with a cold, as have the kids, so haven't been online. Thanks for the replies. We tried Windows Movie Maker but it gave us an error about not recognising our dvd drive. Can't remember exactly what it said but when I looked it up on Google, I came across any amount of similar problems people encountered. Something to do with Vista and the movie maker in particular and not recognising certain dvd drives which is only marvelous.

In the end, I was under pressure and it was for my Da's bday which was a week ago so I put together something in Nero which allowed me to burn to a dvd and I added in slides I had made in Paint with "witty" comments based on the pics of Da when he was young. Couldn't figure if or how Nero would allow you to do this so time restraints prompted me to find a solution quickly. I played the music separately but obviously would have preferred if it was all together. I must say it went down a treat and I think it such a good way to reminisce. Think i will invest in that software that Freddie59 recommended. My mother is 60 in March so I'm sure knowing her, she'll be expecting the same.

Thanks.

N

Advertisement