Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The What's-on-TV-tonight Thread...

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Ronseal.

Going racing tomorrow so gonna a night on the sofa tonight. I'll be watching X-Men 3, haven't seen it yet. Channel 10, 8:30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Get a dvd! X-man 3 is pretty bad ... and channel 10 and their ad every 10 minutes policy really gives me the shits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

them ads annoy me.

however, Deal or No Deal is on every night. Two and a half men is on every tuesday for an hour nad a half, then the simpsons.

Fast and the furious: tokyo drift is on saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

hussey wrote: »
    Get a dvd! X-man 3 is pretty bad ... and channel 10 and their ad every 10 minutes policy really gives me the shits

Is it bad? Damn! I liked the first few so thought I'd like this one. Might watch the first bit and see how it is. Ads are annoying though.
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Two and a half men is on every tuesday for an hour nad a half,

Worst program ever. An hour and a half of hell.

I can only assume this would be the worst film ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Go to the cinema, deathrace is class!
    cars + guns + sexy chicks = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I was in Tokyo not too long ago so decided to watch this flick out curiosity. Apart from a few cheezy scenes I actually watched it to the end.

I would rather watch snow drifts in Ice Road Truckers which started last week on Channel 10 and is riveting viewing. (Friday 7.30pm Ch 10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Whens border patrol on?

I actually watched that ice truckers the other day. was pretty cool. tho not sure if it'd keep me watchin for a whole season. not much to it other than a loada blokes drivin around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is it bad? Damn! I liked the first few so thought I'd like this one. Might watch the first bit and see how it is. Ads are annoying though.

Ah it's definitely watchable to kill a few hours. I picked it up on DVD for a fiver out of curiosity and it did the job. Ads might be a bit much though.
    Worst program ever. An hour and a half of hell.

Oh amen to that brother. It's absolutely horrendous.

The worst is that noise that is made when they change scene. You know, where it goes "Meeeeeeeen". Does my bloody head in and if I hear it then herself gets a verbal bashing from the other room, which is usually where I am to avoid watching it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah it's definitely watchable to kill a few hours. I picked it up on DVD for a fiver out of curiosity and it did the job. Ads might be a bit much though.

Think I'll give it a go.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Oh amen to that brother. It's absolutely horrendous.

The worst is that noise that is made when they change scene. You know, where it goes "Meeeeeeeen". Does my bloody head in and if I hear it then herself gets a verbal bashing from the other room, which is usually where I am to avoid watching it.

Lol! Know exactly what you mean. And every episode is the exact same! Charlie Sheen scores the cleaners daughter/the kids Teacher/his brothers Lawyer, and invariably theres 'hilarious consequences.'

I could understand if there was one episode a week at about 4:00am on a Tuesday, but what I really don't get is the fact that there's 3 in a row on some evening, during prime time viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And to think the prick get over $1 million per episode...

Seriously? The mind boggles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Jesus, that is beyond belief. One of the worst shows on tv imo, can't stand the ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I actually watched that ice truckers the other day. was pretty cool. tho not sure if it'd keep me watchin for a whole season. not much to it other than a loada blokes drivin around.
    Yeah I'll probably lose interest afters a couple of eps unless one of those semis goes under with the driver desperately trying to escape the freezing water.

hussey wrote: »

Man those ads drove me insane. I timed them. There was an add break literally every 10 minutes. As in, an ad break STARTED every 10 mins. So there'd be 3 mins ads, 7 mins of film, then another ad break. They always annoyed me, but I didn't they were that bad.

Not a bad film, but by no means brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What really annoys me is when they have 3 ads on a half an hour show (like the simpsons)

or else when they tell you 'This is a short ad' .. WTF ... just have a long middle ad, so we can go have make a cuppa rather than a 60 second ad

Advertisement