Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cumfi Saddle

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hello Guys & Girls,

Im looking for some help, Im trying to find a good saddle for my road bike, I had a Brooks B17 on my racing bike which was fine but I wanted to upgrade to something more sporty.

Changed to a Selle Italia, Signo Gel Flow but I am getting numbness after about 40 minutes of cycling. Anyone have any reccomendations on a good saddle? Was thinking of trying a Fizik Aerone but they look very skinny.

Please help, bum is in bits, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Specialized Alias. Standard is 143mm and what I've got. Find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you liked the B17 I would not discount Brooks, although they are not exactly cheap (or light) for their more racy saddles.

I found the B17 was like a hammock; very comfortable for shorter distances and indeed intermediate ones but got troublesome after 100-150km. Longest single ride I did on it was 235km.

I use a Brooks Swallow on my road bike and a Swift on my tourer.

B17 not really suited to a race bike at all.

The Swallow and the Swift are thinner, allow for unimpeded pedaling and better for longer distances IMHO.

Whatever you do, don't let "skinny" put you off, it may in fact be more comfortable. You may well find comfort on a modern-type saddle (I did last year's W200 on a Bontrager) but I ended up going back to Brooks in the end.

With the Swift and Swallow I can go 200km+ and have no complaints whatsoever from my rear end. The rest of me can be in bits but that bit is fine. I have never had this from any other saddle (including the B17.)

th_Focus_Cayo_2.jpg th_Van_Nicholas_Amazon-1.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Specialized Toupe is very good. Took me two spins (50 miles each) to get used to it. After the first outing I couldn't walk up the stairs or bend down to undo my shoe for minutes. Second spin...I love it and have on my racing bike.
    Another (on my TT bike) is a bog standard Selle Italia SLR. Very light very nice. No break in period. Good from the word go.

Advertisement