Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bike maintenance book?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Hi I was thinking I would be well to buy a book containing instructions on how to maintain, repaire and fix all parts of bicycles. It is inevitable that I will come up against a problem I don't know how to fix.

So I'd like an all-round book that will contain bike maintenance tips. Anyone have any good advice?

Comments

Have a look at some of the similar threads at the bottom of this page. http://sheldonbrown.com is free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi there,

I have Road Bike Maintenance by Guy Andrews it covers pretty much everything, all formats of components eg SRAM, Campag & Shimano servicing, has step by step photos throughout and is ring bound so you can open it out nearby as you work and it wont flip closed on you or need to be turned face down on, near, in or by the enevitable grease/grime/oil/other that comes with maintaining you ride. I got it in Hoges Figgis i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance. (He has a MTB and indeed a Triathlon one too if they are your thing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Park book is worth considering.

I just got it (from CycleSuperstore), but haven't done any maintenance yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Zinn for me too. Actually I have both the Road and MTB ones. Both brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement