Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music venues in Clare?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

What live music venues are there in Clare?:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Glór in Ennis would be the main 1. There's also Cois Na hAbhna (sp.) for trad stuff as well.

There's a few pubs in town that would have live music, most towns would have live music in pubs the whole time, in Clare we love our traditional music (we love our hurling more though ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Basically any pub that has an odd trad session could be called a 'live music venue'.
    What music are you into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Anything that's too young/pop/unworthy for Glor tends to end up in Kearneys. The Queens had Republic Of Loose last month. That was the first decent gig I'd seen in there in years though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The West County have a few gigs from time to time (the Corrs played there). Actually, most hotels would cater for a gig of some kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Anything that's too young/pop/unworthy for Glor tends to end up in Kearneys. The Queens had Republic Of Loose last month. That was the first decent gig I'd seen in there in years though.
    It was terrible gig though, they played for 40 minutes? Suppose it was a tenner for the band and club. Blizzards are coming soon as well I heard.

If the gig is at the weekend and not too big you could always ask a school to use their hall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Loose played for less than an hour when they were in Kearneys a few years back as well. They were very good but it was way too short.

Went to see Aslan for 6 pounds in Central Park (remember that? Above the Clare People offices) yeears ago. I'm not a big fan of them cos they're so cheesy but they must have played for two hours solid to an audience of about 15 people. It was gas. They were playing the point a few weeks after so you have to respect the effort they put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The Lifford? Which was Pockets. The CMC play there fairly often and they're farily good I must say. They also play in Brandons, who have surprisingly good music, especailly the Tzers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Jay P wrote: »
    The Lifford? Which was Pockets. The CMC play there fairly often and they're farily good I must say. They also play in Brandons, who have surprisingly good music, especailly the Tzers.
    Yeah there has been an improvement in Brandons over the past year, but before that over a 2 year period it was fairly bad. I wouldnt call The CMC that great a band though, average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

They do Reggae nights in Kenny's in Lahinch every now and again,there's often a band in there anyway.They did that Whitehorse Sessions thing during the summer

Advertisement