Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is Dublin airport from the O2 Arena?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How far is Dublin airport from the O2 Arena as my friend has just booked a hotel right next to it...thanx guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

There is an airport link bus that brings you from the airport to Busarus in the city centre i think, which is only about 10/15 mins walk from the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Get a taxi and make him go through the Port Tunnel, it'll cost you about €15-20 (including the toll) and take about ten minutes.

Which hotel is it by the way? Some of those hotels that say they're near the airport are actually a couple of miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Get a taxi and make him go through the Port Tunnel, it'll cost you about €15-20 (including the toll) and take about ten minutes.

Which hotel is it by the way? Some of those hotels that say they're near the airport are actually a couple of miles away.

But the majority offer free transfer from DAP to the hotel.

The Port Tunnel is great, exiting a few hundred meters from the O2. But the toll is damned expensive :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

if he's coming in on the weekend it's only 3 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Speed limit in the Port Tunnel is 80km's and if your taxi sticks to that you'll get through it in 5 minutes from start to finish. Its brilliant and its only 3euro on weekend. So a 3euro toll + 10 to 15 euro taxi fair. I think thats reasonable to get from the outskirts of Dublin to the centre in 15 minutes.

Advertisement