Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limited connectivity problem

Options
  • 06-11-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Just wondering can any 1 help.. already did search but cant find any direct answers. My internet connection on eircom wireless netopia router worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago. Im using a Vostro 1500 and Intel Pro wireless card 3945 ABG. However over past 2 weeks im getting a limitied connect signal or no signal at all. Sisters laptop connection is working fine when I test that on wireless network (not at same time so nothing got to do with crossed signal etc) so im guessing its somethin do to do with my own laptop wireless settings not interference or the router. if i turn off n back on the laptop or my wireless card I get signal but this will only last a few minutes properly - up to hour before I lose the internet n only get limited connectivity to the router. Have tried updating the wireless card driver and changing wireless card setting but to no avail yet..Any ideas gratefully :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried turning off your firewall just in case it is blocking the connection. there have been problems caused by Zonealarm updates recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

pedroj wrote: »
    Just wondering can any 1 help.. already did search but cant find any direct answers. My internet connection on eircom wireless netopia router worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago. Im using a Vostro 1500 and Intel Pro wireless card 3945 ABG. However over past 2 weeks im getting a limitied connect signal or no signal at all. Sisters laptop connection is working fine when I test that on wireless network (not at same time so nothing got to do with crossed signal etc) so im guessing its somethin do to do with my own laptop wireless settings not interference or the router. if i turn off n back on the laptop or my wireless card I get signal but this will only last a few minutes properly - up to hour before I lose the internet n only get limited connectivity to the router. Have tried updating the wireless card driver and changing wireless card setting but to no avail yet..Any ideas gratefully :)

Sounds like you have a invalid IP address. If you check in the Dos prompt it should tell you and start with 192........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭pedroj

well IP address is correct, and disabled and even unistalled my security/firewall software but didnt help :(

Advertisement