Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off dominos.ie

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

code is SBNKXLKV
    minimum spend 30euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Does that work with the 3 for 2 offer they have on large delivered pizza's?

If it does, you'll get 3 large pizzas for about €32...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I tried a similar code with 60 quid's worth of pizza and it wouldn't let me because one of the items I had was a meal deal :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Domino's can be a bit sticky like that, probably has to be a straight up pizza order, no other 'deals'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I may have to test this out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I may have to test this out later.
    For research purposes only of course!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Domino's can be a bit sticky like that, probably has to be a straight up pizza order, no other 'deals'

We used it on large pizza + couple of sides. Order came to €29 but added a can of coke to bring us over the €30 and voucher brought price to €24

Shamefully, I never thought to post it here. Only available on orders through website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

How well does the web ordering work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

From my experience, its no different to making a phone call, time-wise. But you can get a proper look at deals and review your order etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

How well does the web ordering work?

With Dominos, perfect and works out cheaper. Unlike most other companies where the online ordering is a complete disaster e.g Apache

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you not getting 2 for 1 or 50% off on your pizzas then you are paying over the odds.

I never understood why this particular food always has offers on it, while you rarely see other places giving 50% off. I never see indian or chinese places with offers at all. It is like they copy each others formats for some reason.

Pizza is extraordinarily expensive when you compare it to other takeaways, i.e. in regards to cost of ingredients. e.g. I would be hard pushed to buy and cook fish from the supermarket at the same price as some chippers. Chinese places usually give portions of 700-800g and over, this is twice the size of supermarket ready meals, so again are quite cheap. But pizza costs a fortune compared to supermarkets.

The 2 for 1 offers are the real price it should always be, and even at that it is not very cheap.

• Advertisement

Basic business principles. Any company will charge the price they think people will pay. Pizza companies are generally popular so they're charging the right price (in their opinion). If you disagree, don't use them. Others think they're gettng value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

rubadub wrote: »
    If you not getting 2 for 1 or 50% off on your pizzas then you are paying over the odds.

I never understood why this particular food always has offers on it, while you rarely see other places giving 50% off. I never see indian or chinese places with offers at all. It is like they copy each others formats for some reason.

Pizza is extraordinarily expensive when you compare it to other takeaways, i.e. in regards to cost of ingredients. e.g. I would be hard pushed to buy and cook fish from the supermarket at the same price as some chippers. Chinese places usually give portions of 700-800g and over, this is twice the size of supermarket ready meals, so again are quite cheap. But pizza costs a fortune compared to supermarkets.

The 2 for 1 offers are the real price it should always be, and even at that it is not very cheap.
    and you can get a jar of nescafe for the same price as one starbucks coffee.
    is that your point?
    we cant all wait around for a 2 for 1 offer when theres a few people over for beers ;)

so, without getting into a cost per gramme debate, a 16" pizza is usally enough for 4 or more people
    you might be talking 2 curry portions for 4 people, which would work out a similar cost as a large pizza
    although dominos do only sell 13.5 which is a bit stingy

to anyone using the voucher, it doesnt seem to work with the meal deal, so if youve got a football team in you might be out of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Domino's site says the don't deliver to my address even though they do by phone, so I can never use these vouchers, anyone got any ideas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Anybody care to guess the most expensive part of a 16" pizza?
    The box, cost: 50c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Anybody care to guess the most expensive part of a 16" pizza?
    The box, cost: 50c

Petrol used by car delivering the pizza? Cheese is very pricey, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Linku wrote: »
    Domino's site says the don't deliver to my address even though they do by phone, so I can never use these vouchers, anyone got any ideas? :confused:

used to say that to me but after trying to enter me address a load of time. Dunno whjy but it just worked eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

dominos is a rip off anyway so even with 20% off its prob still dearer than the others:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Dominos is great value ,they give you lots of pizza with your crust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

311 wrote: »
    Dominos is great value ,they give you lots of pizza with your crust.

+1

Domino's is great value. I always get the hottest toppings on the large pizza and it never fails to have tears coming outta me eyes after the 4-5 slice. Then the harris is blown off me the next morning. well worth the moeny.

subway wrote: »
    we cant all wait around for a 2 for 1 offer when theres a few people over for beers ;)

But you could just buy a pizza or two from a supermarket for about €3 each.

All you have to do is open it, put it in the oven, remove after 15-25 minutes and ZAM! you just got a pizza quicker and cheaper than if you ordered off Domino's.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

Am trying to order right now but it says that code is invalid? :( My order is €31...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dodge wrote: »
    Basic business principles. Any company will charge the price they think people will pay. Pizza companies are generally popular so they're charging the right price (in their opinion). If you disagree, don't use them. Others think they're gettng value for money
    The people availing of the readily available coupons/discounts are getting value. That is all I am getting at, and just pointing this out. There is almost always an offer on. Many might think they are getting value for money, but have not really thought about it much. Many people are sucked in by alleged discounts, many furniture shops have never ending "sales" on, many do not know the real value and fall for the big "€200 off" labels, going home and thinking "thats great, saved €200"
    and you can get a jar of nescafe for the same price as one starbucks coffee.
    is that your point?
    No thats not really the point. If you went to starbucks and they sold you a cappuccino for €3 but charged €6 for a latte, yet vouchers were readily available to get the latte for €3, then you should make use of them.

Another example would be if starbucks charged €10 for a cup of tea & €2 for a cup of coffee. The basic ingredients cost around the same price but they charge a huge amount more for one.

When ringing up a pizza place simply ask what offers they have, very often you will get deals just by asking.

getting into a cost per gramme debate, a 16" pizza is usally enough for 4 or more people
    you might be talking 2 curry portions for 4 people, which would work out a similar cost as a large pizza
    Every chinese takeaway I get is massive. I have gotten over a kilo of food as a single portion before, most rice & meal dishes are over 800g in my local. That is 2 average ready meal sizes, most are actually only 350g. Most people I know would get a 12" or larger pizza to themselves, theres not actually a lot in them, just weigh one next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Petrol used by car delivering the pizza? Cheese is very pricey, no?

I went to pickup a pizza from Dominos once and was horrified by the 5l+ petrol-container-like tank of 'Liquid Cheese' I saw... I think it might have been for the cheese crusts, but still, gross...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Apache is nicer and you get more.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

edit:figured it out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just so people know.. This code is still good, just used it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭jaffa20

unklerosco wrote: »

Sorry this voucher is invalid :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

unklerosco wrote: »
    Doesn't work :(

Yes it does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's like a panto this ..

I tried it with a couple of different combinations earlier and it didn't work.

Does anyone have a list of T&C to go with this?

Advertisement