Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prem this wend

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

well after everybody bar a few loosing there houses etc on that rediculasly odd week of champions leauge, were now back to what really matters for the english top clubs.
    getting the 3 points
    and with man u v arsenal playing early saturday, ive got a hunch man u will want to put in a real performance unlike that one last night
    also liverpool getting that farce of a peno and the draw . are at home to west brom
    so thats my double
    man u and liverpool -1
    should be safe considering the amount of gunners that are injured
    chesea away to blackburn? that one is tough to call..
    lists are here on all fixtures
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fixtures/default.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Does anyone know the price that woould have been givin on no english team to win during the week???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Chelsea, a team who have not conceded an away goal in the league since Robinho's free kick at the start of Sept vs a Blackburn team who currently hold the worst defensive record in the league is surely a banker. And Chelsea -1 at 13/10 looks decent as they have won by a 2+ goal margin in their last consecutive 4 away league games. Tempted by the 7/2 on offer for Hull minus a goal at home to Bolton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Man Utd are over priced but that match is usually close. I can't be sure.

Thats seems like a difficult trip for Chelsea, not sure Id back them -1 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Arsenal wont lose against united despite their injuries.

They are better against quality opposition and I reckon they will get a draw at least. United were fairly poor last night until the subs were used.

As for Nani, wtf is the story with him. Hes pure and utter sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

totally agree,nani muck,giggs once great gone past it now,barbietoff 40 big ones?i mean comom!
    man -1 nuts, that game will be a draw if not gunners win
    the real reds -1 at home to w/brom and chelsea -1 away to blackburn;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Newcastle 19/10
    Bolton 5/2
    West Ham Draw 9/4

32/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

I don't think Newcastle will beat Fulham. I expect Fulham to get a draw or better but not 100% sure. I don't understand why people back handicaps

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I fancy the Brom to get a draw out of Liverpool, don't know why but Liverpool have been riding their luck recently.

Chelsea/Newcastle double is the bet methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

When was the last time Arsenal were 2/1 at Home?
    Very big price but looks like they are going to be missing quite a few players but their replacements will then be trying to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 merc

Hull at home at 11/10 against Bolton has to be the best price this week.
    Bolton are rubbish and Hull are in top form despite loosing there last two but that was to chelsea and Man Utd.

Had them for a draw last week at 5/1 against Man U when they came back from 4-1 down to 4-3.

• Advertisement

how are bolton rubbish, hull have lost the last 2 matches and conceded 7 goals in 2 games, bolton on the other hand won there last game and are beginning to come good.
    If hull are as good as you think there odds wouldn't be 11/10....

Newcastle have won the last 2 games, while fulham have a ratio of scoing once every 2 matches -

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Ace2007 wrote: »
    how are bolton rubbish, hull have lost the last 2 matches and conceded 7 goals in 2 games, bolton on the other hand won there last game and are beginning to come good.
    If hull are as good as you think there odds wouldn't be 11/10....

Newcastle have won the last 2 games, while fulham have a ratio of scoing once every 2 matches -

Bolton are rubbish as they are 18th in the league (in the relegation zone) having only won 3 out of 11 games.

Hull have indeed lost their last two games, but to Man Utd and Chelsea and they gave both teams a good game. Before that, Hull had won four in a row!!

To turn your arguement around, if you think Bolton are so good, why are they 5/2 for the win??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If anyone's interested I'm on liverpool, Real and Barca-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Hehe -

I was following live scores of the 3pm kickoff matches on soccernet.com. Saw Everton equalise, then go a goal ahead thanks to Saha. I went to the Correct Score market and saw the current score of 1-2 @ 999/1, thought it was some mistake on the betfair site.. I immediately put down the minimum €4 and was thinking wtf! if score stays the same for remaining 5 mins I'm up €3996!

I refreshed soccernet.com which still showed 1-2, then checked another live premiership score site (http://www.4thegame.com/matchcentre/live-football-scores.html), which also showed 1-2 being the current score... Then about a minute's worth of page refreshing I saw that the score was 1-3 (which it must have been when I stupidly threw away my €4!).

Moral of the story - don't depend on soccernet.com for up to date live scores. Can anyone tell me if they know of a live score site with *very minimal* delay in score updates to have a more reliable feed on live matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

jArgHA wrote: »
    Hehe -

I was following live scores of the 3pm kickoff matches on soccernet.com. Saw Everton equalise, then go a goal ahead thanks to Saha. I went to the Correct Score market and saw the current score of 1-2 @ 999/1, thought it was some mistake on the betfair site.. I immediately put down the minimum €4 and was thinking wtf! if score stays the same for remaining 5 mins I'm up €3996!

I refreshed soccernet.com which still showed 1-2, then checked another live premiership score site (http://www.4thegame.com/matchcentre/live-football-scores.html), which also showed 1-2 being the current score... Then about a minute's worth of page refreshing I saw that the score was 1-3 (which it must have been when I stupidly threw away my €4!).

Moral of the story - don't depend on soccernet.com for up to date live scores. Can anyone tell me if they know of a live score site with *very minimal* delay in score updates to have a more reliable feed on live matches?

I think something along those lines happens once to at least everybody on Betfair.

So Bolton won, as i have thought -

as for everton - stupid saha - only for him....

ah well no money wager = no money lost..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 merc

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So Bolton won, as i have thought -

as for everton - stupid saha - only for him....

ah well no money wager = no money lost..

You were so sure they would win that you didnt bet on them?

cause i'm off betting for 6 months... in rehab

Advertisement