Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Auction 8th November

Options
  • 06-11-2008 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Might be of some interest to those not residing in the real capital.:D

http://www.garda.ie/auctionnov.html

Garda Auction - 8th November - Merlin Car Auctions, Naas Road

Merlin Car Auctions will host a sale of bikes and other assorted items on behalf of An Garda Síochána. This sale will take place on November the 8th at 2pm. The auction rooms are at the M7 Motor Park, Junction 10, Naas Road, and the Merlin are contactable at 045 988 700. All questions relating to the auction should be directed to Merlin Auctions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

pity I'm not allowing myself any more bikes - would be tempted and go find a frame for another fixie

viewing on friday daytime and saturday morning:

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=cwidkfqley&cat=news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Might head to this. Merlin auctions is just up the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

penexpers wrote: »
    Might head to this. Merlin auctions is just up the road from me.

If you go, bring a camera ! I'm curious to see what the bikes at this sort of thing are like

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

150 bikes isn't a lot, considering the proportion of them that are likely to be supermarket "mountain" bikes. Might be handy if you're looking for a banger to lock to lamp posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Caveat emptor - loads of people go along to this looking for a bargain and get giddy with the auction, end up pushing the price of crap through the roof. Dont get sucked in! Yes it is mostly mountain bikes of the supermarket variety, but there is the occasional gem to be found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes indeedy, I got my first real bike as an adult (first year of college) at the Garda bike auction, and what a piece of crap it was! Reckon I spent around twice the £30 I paid for it getting it fixed and it was still crap. And didn't fit me. And it was a ladies bike! :D

Of course this says as much about me as the Garda bike auction, but buyer beware indeed.

Did anyone go to this in the end? Any good?

Advertisement