Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flight deck 5

Options
  • 06-11-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭

howdy all just picked up flight deck 5 today on my way home from work. it is the dogs business but its so hard to get back onto the deck. anyone else find it hard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I just kept trying again and again, took me a while.

I had read reviews for flight deck 4, all good, and then saw 5 a few months later and bought it. Read the reviews as I was installing it. All bad.

I thought it was a bit sheeite and uninstalled it after 2 weeks. The planes are just ok, the undercarriage sinks into the ground if you take off from a 'land' runway, and the general flight model didnt really impress me.

Also, when attempting carrier landings if you went too low you'd just fly through the carrier without crashing. And no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the bloody thing to launch me off the flight deck. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

at first when i went too low it flew the the carrier but i changed some settings and got sp1 then if ya went too low ya hit the carrier. havent sank into the rwys yet though hmmm :)
    also were ya using the 3wirex programme with it that should launch ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Maybe the SP1 sorts out the sinking problem. I havent used it in a while so i might re-install it and get it updated. I'll let ya know how I get on.

On a side note, I picked up Military Collection 2008 for Fs2004/FSX last night. only got maybe 30 mins with it but from what I saw, excellent. Aircraft are very detailed. Was gonna also get the airbus collection but it was €40 so want to read reviews first. Anyone here have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

i have the airbus collection its a very good programme fmc the whole works. also good flight models

Advertisement