Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" There is a saying that goes... ' You can't bull**** your way up a mountain.."

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

The future of cycling? Interesting articles on some African cyclists which appeared in a few cycling magazines last month

More articles here and here

I love the photo here . Puts all our bling in perspective;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

I always wondered why you never see a africans in the sport, given their dominance in so many other sporting diciplines. Maybe thats all about to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That's a great photo

press.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

'68 wrote:
    I always wondered why you never see a africans in the sport, given their dominance in so many other sporting diciplines. Maybe thats all about to change?

It says in one of the articles I read (not sure if it's one of the linked ones), that the reason is simply down to equipment and funding. Running doesn't take any equipment at all, and so you can train for years without having any money. Until recently, bike equipment was just too hard to get hold of, so training was hard, which made it harder to get interest from foreign teams etc... we could be entering a new era in the next few years -cyclists who can climb without the benefit of EPO! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Raam wrote: »
    That's a great photo
    Dunno if it's Euro enough though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Dunno if it's Euro enough though :D

F**k Euro...AFRO is the future!

• Advertisement
Advertisement