Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC® SELLS OUT THE O2 IN DUBLIN IN RAPID FIRE TIME

Options
  • 05-11-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

SATURDAY, JANUARY 17 LIVE FROM THE O2 DUBLIN, IRELAND

London, England – The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization continues to underline its status as the most popular combat sport in the world with a rapid-fire sell-out of the brand new O2 arena in Dublin, Ireland.

In the UFC’s fastest sell-out thus far in Europe, over 6000 tickets were sold within a week of going on sale on October 20 and, less than two weeks later, all 10,000 tickets for the fully-scaled O2 were gone.

UFC UK Division President Marshall Zelaznik said: “The UFC brand of mixed martial arts is the already biggest indoor sport in the UK - and we are ecstatic that the popularity and passion for the UFC is matched across the Irish Sea.

“This is our seventh successive sell-out in the British Isles since April of 2007, and we now hold records in six of the biggest arenas in all of Europe. We have the most dedicated and passionate fans in sport and we are thrilled to be bringing some of the biggest names in the sport to the Emerald Isle early in the New Year.”

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15669

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think its great, I cheer the fact it sold out but curse the fact im not going /shakes fist at others here :p

I can't honestly see where the 10,000 tickets went to? Maybe I underestimated the popularity of UFC here???? Altough im sure there might be a sizeable crowd over from the UK for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Old news

I posted about it selling out 3 days ago: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57768683&postcount=208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I would expect alot of folks from the UK and the continent to attend this show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I can easily see where the tickets would go. In all fairness the homegrown shows usually have a few hundred going, most the clubs will have people going up, Then the casual fan who watches it on tv thinks wow the ufc are here, better go to it

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I need a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I need a ticket!

eBay.ie is your friend, seen some this morning at €540- :eek: :eek:

And that was for tickets with €50- face value.

I'm feeling pretty smug at the moment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Mairt wrote: »
    eBay.ie is your friend, seen some this morning at €540- :eek: :eek:

And that was for tickets with €50- face value.

I'm feeling pretty smug at the moment :P

Smug cause your touting tickets= Your a major douche
    Smug cause you got your ticket on time= Fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

I've seen this report on numerous websites and I'm calling BS on it.

Guys every UFC event "sells out".

"Welcome to the sold out xxxxxxx arena for UFC XX"

Its part of their marketing, none of the evnts this side of the atlantic have sold out, anyone who has been there will testify to this.

I'd be extremely suprised if you cant buy tickets on the door and cheap ones at that.

You could still buy the cheapest tickets on the way into UFC 85 in June in London and there were lots of tickets for UFC 89 in Birmingham still available the day of that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

rovert wrote: »
    Old news

I posted about it selling out 3 days ago: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57768683&postcount=208

wow, rovert reported this one 3 days ago, all hail the king :rolleyes:

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Smug cause your touting tickets= Your a major douche
    Smug cause you got your ticket on time= Fine by me

I couldn't give a rats ass whats fine by you tbh.

Btw everyone else - I got my tickets on time <inserts smug emoticon>.

:p

• Advertisement

wow, rovert reported this one 3 days ago, all hail the king :rolleyes:

Just saying, this news doesnt really need a thread and the fact that it sold out 3 days earlier than how it was presented in this thread makes it even more impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Just saying, this news doesnt really need a thread and the fact that it sold out 3 days earlier than how it was presented in this thread makes it even more impressive.

if you have a problem with the thread either dont post on it or report it to a mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Mairt wrote: »
    I couldn't give a rats ass whats fine by you tbh.

Btw everyone else - I got my tickets on time <inserts smug emoticon>.

:p

hey mairt i did too.. imagine that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I don't remember them announcing sells outs before so maybe it is actually true.

Should net quite a few euro for the spare ticket I have on ebay if it is true... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

ticket touting is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They haven't had a real sell-out in the US since the Ortiz-Machida/Silva-Henderson event. This is a real sell-out, but there'll still be tickets made available as they get closer to the event, as every event does

if you have a problem with the thread either dont post on it or report it to a mod!

Dont be so defensive

Lads,

There's a report post feature for a reason. If you're unhappy with a thread being started, someone posting "your" news, people having tickets when you don't, a post, an image posted or anything else related to this board, then please use this and myself or Dragan will deal with it. A bit of chit chat in threads is fine, actually it's encouraged, we all generally know each other around here so I have no problem with it but we're not here to bitch at each other like 15 year old girls so if ya's wanna get at each others throats then i suggest you head on over Here and save everyone else from having to read through the sh1te in order to find a post about the sport of MMA.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Fozzy wrote: »
    They haven't had a real sell-out in the US since the Ortiz-Machida/Silva-Henderson event. This is a real sell-out, but there'll still be tickets made available as they get closer to the event, as every event does

the odd time ya do hear of them holding back a few hundred tickets until closer to the date so could be the case here too

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I don't see what the purpose of saying it's sold out when it isn't would be, especially as they've announced it so soon after the tickets went on sale.

Also if anyone is looking to buy or sell tickets try www.toutless.com a great site aimed at getting rid of tout scum by selling tickets at face value or less.

• Advertisement

Lads,

There's a report post feature for a reason. If you're unhappy with a thread being started, someone posting "your" news, people having tickets when you don't, a post, an image posted or anything else related to this board, then please use this and myself or Dragan will deal with it. A bit of chit chat in threads is fine, actually it's encouraged, we all generally know each other around here so I have no problem with it but we're not here to bitch at each other like 15 year old girls so if ya's wanna get at each others throats then i suggest you head on over Here and save everyone else from having to read through the sh1te in order to find a post about the sport of MMA.

Thanks.

For the record I wasnt unhappy at the thread being started but I had reasons for posting what i did.

For the record I wasnt unhappy at the thread being started but I had reasons for posting what i did.

Llike I said, report posts or pm a mod. That wasn't specifically aimed at you. It was aimed at everyone as this thread had more bitching in it than most of the other threads on this board put together. If there's a problem we'll happily deal with it. But don't have a go at people for posting news. The last thing we want is people not bothering to contribute to the forum because they receive abuse for it. If stuff is posted already I'll merge threads/delete posts etc. It's only a problem if there's obviously another thread on it. Your post was buried in a big enough thread so he can be forgiven for missing it. I considered merging this with the thoughts on 93 thread but figured I'd leave it because in this case it's a news story that the OP posted so it's open to it's own discussion. I see no harm in leaving it separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

ticket touting is gay.
    Nothing wrong with somebody making a few euro on a ticket if they end up not needing it. As long as they are not taking the p^ss altogether obviously.

ticket touting is gay.

You've never sold or done anything for profit?.

Personally I don't see it being gay at all. The market will dictate the price, someone looking for €500 for a ticket might just be left with egg on his face. But if he/she sells for that price, fair play to 'em I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

No you're both wrong. What if there was a water shortage in Galway again due to contamination, and a clever guy on the council got the heads up first, went into the city and bought all the bottled water. Is it ok for him to say it's a buyers market and sell it a 20 euro a bottle? No it isn't.

As far as I know ticket touting is illegal. It's bad for the arts/sports.

Right enough of this. Thread closed.

Please discuss UFC 93 in the UFC 93 thread. Please discuss ticket touting elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement