Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for all the impulse buyers - CRC sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Flood sale? The old credit card could get a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Crawling only now? Sale has been going all day yesterday and most things were snapped up by last night, were still some interesting deals, Carbon Controltech bits for instance, but anything at the impluse purchase price level seems to be gone.

I need to get home and measure up a replacement stem pronto!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

yup! the site is really really slow so id say the stuff is selling quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

sooty11 wrote: »
    the website has been crawling since the notification email went out

yes indeed, very slow to load. that webpage got a laugh though! with the little symbol of the guy swimming. haha

rob1891 wrote: »
    Crawling only now? Sale has been going all day yesterday and most things were snapped up by last night, were still some interesting deals, Carbon Controltech bits for instance, but anything at the impluse purchase price level seems to be gone.

I need to get home and measure up a replacement stem pronto!

god dam, I only got an email a few minutes ago from them about it!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I didn't even get the email.

I'm almost glad they don't have any wheels on sale.

Hmmm, just had a look. Almost bought myself carbon bars, but then realised they weren't oversized.

Anyone wanting to upgrade their cranks though should take a look, lots on sale. Also saw Ultegra rear derailleur for €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Don't worry lads, in the email it said that more items will be added every day so keep checking back, you never know! Although it takes about 30sec-60sec to load a page, the the thousands of eagle eyed
    bargain hunters I presume are searching the site will snap up any deals in minutes!

Has anyone got something from the flood sale yet, what was its condition? Like for certain stuff, it really doesn't matter a damn if it got wet! :D

Got the email this morning. Site is now down, providing "Server too busy" messages.

el tonto wrote: »
    Got the email this morning. Site is now down, providing "Server too busy" messages.

ya was the same for about half an hour yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i actually got the email yesterday but was feeling all indecisive ( having bought a new camera a couple of days ago) and this morning thought i'll buy some sram gear for the mtb the shifting is getting pretty ropey allthe flood sale stuff is discontinued serves me right really, same with the richersounds sale, memmo to self must be more decisive in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

That Chris King headset is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Phew! I just avoided buying a new seatpost. I think it was marginally better than my current one, but it was so cheap! I must resist the urge to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yes, had to resist buying hydraulic brakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Resistance is futile!

Think I might grab that headset even though I have abolsutely no use for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Good sale if you are in the market for some specific bits. Amazing however, how mostly only the less popular sizes of many items were damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Good sale if you are in the market for some specific bits. Amazing however, how mostly only the less popular sizes of many items were damaged.

Probably cos they're closer to the ground as they're not picked up as often?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Quigs Snr wrote: »

Which items?

Author: Michael@CRC
    Date: 06/11/08 16:31
    Thought you lot should know first, I just uploaded another 150 products into the sale @ 16.27

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Offers.aspx?Offer=2

(from singletrackworld.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Wiggle also have 20% off many items (no flood) according to their latest email... and as my credit card can attest... means 25% more purchases possible:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Just bought myself a 105 rear derailleur for €20 :rolleyes: Was tempted with some tools but restrained myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This /just made my weekend :)
    Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Premium Wheels 2008
    Lightweight and the stiffness of an aerodynamic carbon profile; reliability and powerful braking from the alloy rim. Weight: Clincher: front 785 g, rear 980 g (ED10) Rims: •Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber •Height: 52 mm •Joint: SUP •Drilli ....
    In Stock Now: Carbon 20h Rear Wheel - Shimano | Carbon 20h Rear Wheel - Campag | Carbon 16h Front Wheel - FLOOD
    StarOn.gifStarOn.gifStarOn.gif
    £285.00 SaleAndClearance.gif RRP £470.99

RobFowl wrote: »
    This /just made my weekend :)
    Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Premium Wheels 2008
    Lightweight and the stiffness of an aerodynamic carbon profile; reliability and powerful braking from the alloy rim. Weight: Clincher: front 785 g, rear 980 g (ED10) Rims: •Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber •Height: 52 mm •Joint: SUP •Drilli ....
    In Stock Now: Carbon 20h Rear Wheel - Shimano | Carbon 20h Rear Wheel - Campag | Carbon 16h Front Wheel - FLOOD
    StarOn.gifStarOn.gifStarOn.gif
    £285.00 SaleAndClearance.gif RRP £470.99

Its only the front wheel, you know that I presume... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

..not a big problem if he didn't - can just cancel the order.

Got myself a chainring and bashguard (which will be used as a keep-my-trousers-clean-guard) for the commuting bike, and ... some nice white wheels:

21550.jpg

I heard the colour made them lighter, or something ;-) 200 euro lighter than the non-flooded pair.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Flood damage seemed to effect only the lower end bikes;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No didn't cop that :( cancelled

RobFowl wrote: »
    No didn't cop that :( cancelled

Sorry mate! They often do that and I've almost bought really cheap pairs of wheels that turn out to be single ones :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement