Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVS - Computer Vision Syndrome.

Options
  • 05-11-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All,

Are there any opticians that are experts in this? Went to specsavers to get my eye test, and they just said that there is nothing going on, but I have been seeing blurry / double on distance for ages and i think it might be CVS. I know there are some special computer lenses for this that focus on the distance of a computer screen, and if this would help that would be perfect :rolleyes:

Anyone any idea?

p.s. i work in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day, with breaks, but not nearly enough in my eyes :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

theres three different lenses you can get, you can get an Essilor 2v and an Essilor 3v these are for people who have a perscription. If you dont have a perscription, you can get an Essilor Anti Fatigue lense that contains a very minor perscription to stop your crystalline lens having to accommodate so much for your close vision.
    In my lab i glaze all the above for two practices in our branches, if you want to pm me i can give you my name and the practice address as we deal with these on a regular basis.

Advertisement