Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New and looking for any advice

Options
  • 05-11-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have launched my website in the last couple of weeks and have learned so much. I have learned Html language and have somehow managed to create a very basic web page.
    Today I even found out what SEO means and I also added my url with google so progress is slowly being made.
    I have a few questions

1: Where else should I register my URL. (Links would be great)

2: Can anyone give me a basic html formula for adding tags? and let me know where to insert it. Please bare in mind I am using notepad!

3: Can anyone give me any other sound basic advise on getting traffic in at this early stage.

Any feedback welcom:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

You could search about SEO or Search Engine Optimisation. Try out the www.IrishWebMasterForums.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

link8r wrote: »
    You could search about SEO or Search Engine Optimisation. Try out the www.IrishWebMasterForums.ie

I presume you meant www.iwf.ie

The piss take in my sig Fluffylinkulator lists 3 sites that you should join (so its not a complete pisstake)

Google
    Yahoo
    DMOZ

You could add your site to your sig as well on the various forums you're on ... after that ... twitter and the various social media networks ...

Link directories ... and so on

LOTs of learning ahead of you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Doh! I meant to write out Irish Web Master Forum and post the correct link! :D

Thanks Forbairt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Tomthepost wrote: »
    2: Can anyone give me a basic html formula for adding tags? and let me know where to insert it. Please bare in mind I am using notepad!

Tags ? What kind of tags ?
    Tomthepost wrote: »
    3: Can anyone give me any other sound basic advise on getting traffic in at this early stage.

Do you have a budget ... Google AdWords ?

Advertisement