Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self employed/Unemployed midweek spins

Options
  • 05-11-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Any takers? I'm living out in greystones at the minute but could meet in Enniskerry and head from there?

Mornings preferable - 9.30/10am.

Lettuce snow

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Any takers? I'm living out in greystones at the minute but could meet in Enniskerry and head from there?

Mornings preferable - 9.30/10am.

Lettuce snow

I don't work most Monday's and often head out for a spin. If I'm heading that direction some week I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi. I have a feeling that midweek spins will become a bigger event due to the U word mentioned in the title.
    Anyway, I try to take Fridays off work and would be up for Friday spins (this one is out however), but next Friday would like to head out if that suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I'm (ahem) in between jobs at the moment and planning to do the route Blorg linked to in the evening spin thread tomorrow morning... (Dublin, Enniskerry, Glencree, Sally Gap, Brittas, Military Base, Dublin). I'll be doing it at a significantly less intense pace than other posters here would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

The way I see it I have to make the most out of this recession!

@Rok on: Nice one - next Friday sounds good but will let you know for definite early next week.

@El Tonto: Mondays sound good - let me know

oobydooby wrote: »
    I'm (ahem) in between jobs at the moment and planning to do the route Blorg linked to in the evening spin thread tomorrow morning... (Dublin, Enniskerry, Glencree, Sally Gap, Brittas, Military Base, Dublin). I'll be doing it at a significantly less intense pace than other posters here would do it.

What time are you hoping to start? I've a bit on tomorrow but depending on the time, might meet you at enniskerry and hang a left at the sally gap crossroads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Aidan, There are a few lads from Bray Wheelers got out for spins on Tuesday and Thursday Mornings, meeting at St.Fergals church in Bray.
    An ideal spot for you to join would be at Kilpeddar opposite Jocks pub.
    We normally meet up with one of our friends there.

I wont be there tomorrow, but will be next week. You are more than welcome to join in.

The spins are normally around 80 kms, fairly light pace, a few hills.
    coffee stop included:)

xz wrote: »
    Aidan, There are a few lads from Bray Wheelers got out for spins on Tuesday and Thursday Mornings, meeting at St.Fergals church in Bray.
    An ideal spot for you to join would be at Kilpeddar opposite Jocks pub.
    We normally meet up with one of our friends there.

I wont be there tomorrow, but will be next week. You are more than welcome to join in.

The spins are normally around 80 kms, fairly light pace, a few hills.
    coffee stop included:)

Nice one - just might do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

What time are you hoping to start? I've a bit on tomorrow but depending on the time, might meet you at enniskerry and hang a left at the sally gap crossroads

Earlyish, probably be in Enniskerry about 9.30. Will send you a PM and you can let me know later or tomorrow if it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a bucketload of holidays to take so might well be on for a few mid-weekers, Monday or Friday appeals. Myself and Raam did Dublin-Waterford a while back, got down there for lunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    I have a bucketload of holidays to take so might well be on for a few mid-weekers, Monday or Friday appeals. Myself and Raam did Dublin-Waterford a while back, got down there for lunch :D

First time I'd eaten a McDonalds in years. If 7 hrs of solid cycling and 2 hours standing around can't make it taste nice, then nothing can.
    Uhm, that's all I have to add here. GO TEAM!

• Advertisement
Advertisement