Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Fry Show

Options
  • 05-11-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

did anyone see the Colin fry show last night at uch . I went to with an open mind but was surprised by some of the information that Mr Fry was able to glean from the alleged spirits. When talking to one audience member he was able to retrieve information such as "your granny used to love the way you played that silly game with the bulldog clip"...... How the hell he knew that apart having a stooge in the audience.... I dont know. Each person he talked to he drilled down to the level

cheers

grasscutter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Hi

did anyone see the Colin fry show last night at uch . I went to with an open mind but was surprised by some of the information that Mr Fry was able to glean from the alleged spirits. When talking to one audience member he was able to retrieve information such as "your granny used to love the way you played that silly game with the bulldog clip"...... How the hell he knew that apart having a stooge in the audience.... I dont know. Each person he talked to he drilled down to the level

cheers

grasscutter

The people he was talking to were probably in on the show. Load of bollocks if you ask me.

Just me 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 *Carol*

I saw it Monday night and also saw him last year. Last year he picked out my aunt and cousin and told them some very eerie and true things... But I can't help being a total sceptic. I know that they were not planted there in the audience but I wonder if the show has some way to research into people? Like maybe those who pay by credit card... I dunno. Their son/brother who "came through" died tragically a few years ago and it was all over the papers. Wouldn't be hard to find out about him you know???
    I don't know. It's very hard to believe in mediums... And yet I keep going to the shows!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

I was at the show on Tuesday night also, thought it was brill, thought TJ was great also. There was some information she picked on that was for us but we didn't know until we checked with relatives after the show. It didn't matter anyway as TJ and Colin both picked up on a reading for me while I was getting my book signed after the show. Things that they couldn't possibly have known (I did book with my credit card but my card is in my married name so couldn't have traced me), anyway some of the stuff had to be verified by my mother, I didn't even know. They were sooooo accurate....

F

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

*Carol* wrote: »
    I wonder if the show has some way to research into people? Like maybe those who pay by credit card... I dunno.
    Frowzy wrote: »
    I did book with my credit card but my card is in my married name so couldn't have traced me)

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cold reading. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I once bought a ticket for the UL at the Tourist Information's ticket desk. I paid in cash and they asked me for my name to put in their system!! What's their business with my name? I gave them a random name.

grasscutter, here's something interesting about you. I had a look into my crystal ball...

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others’ statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

grasscutter, here's something interesting about you. I had a look into my crystal ball...

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others’ statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.

;)
    OMG, that is sooooo me!

And everyone else but that's by the by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barrsop

It may be 6 months after the event & a bit late to comment but I was the recipient of the reading you're referring to. You may recall the very last validation; my grandmother noted that it would have been impossible for me to accept the process 5 years earlier. How right she was. Like you I was 'open minded' but in reality open primarily to what conformed to my life experience. I'm a degree engineer & well accustomed to applying reason & rationale to any situation. Its a bit risky assuming that what is real are only those things detected by our 5 senses. In the end Acom's razor prevails; "The simplest explanation tends to be the correct one"

Advertisement