Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Aisling Oil Fired stove

Options
  • 05-11-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has a Stanley Aisling Oil fired stove. We have one in our house and have had nothing but hassle with it. There is always a noise coming from the chimney and then sometimes there are fumes coming out of it that worries me so I have to switch it off. There is no major heat from it and seems to drink the oil. I have tried so many times to organise Stanley to come out but they don't seem to be interested. I would like your views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

We have had a Stanley Oisin for the past 3 years and it has worked quite well for us (I installed it myself and no smells/noises thankfully). It does tend to use a fair bit of oil but we normally only have it on in our small living room for a few hours when the evenings are cold - no back boiler. We keep it at 1-2 on the dial and it knocks out a good bit of heat.

I did consider ripping it out a few months ago and putting in a solid fuel stove, but now the oil has gotten cheap again so we will hold off on that plan for a while.

The main advantage with it is the sheer convenience of coming in from work and turning it on - no messing around with solid fuel or cleaning out ashes.

I would get your flue checked out (ask your local plumber or oil boiler serviceman), if you can smell fumes that may mean incomplete combustion, carbon monoxide building up and that's not good! You should be able to see a blueish flame at the bottom of the stove if it's set correctly.

Advertisement